SRK might be banned from entering WankhedeMay 17th, 2012 - 12:24 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 17 (IANS) Bollywood star and Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Kolkata Knight Riders co-owner Shah Rukh Khan is likely to face a lifetime ban on entering the Wankhede stadium after he allegedly misbehaved with security guards and cricket officials at the ground, officials said.
The incident took place Wednesday night after the IPL match between his team and Mumbai Indians. Kolkata Knight Riders won the match.
Khan allegedly misbehaved with a security guard and pushed him. When Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) officials tried to intervene, he is said to have abused them.
A complaint has been registered in Mumbai’s Marine Drive police station by MCA officials, who will decide on the ban Thursday.
“He pushed the security guard and misbehaved with him. He also used bad language with security officials at the stadium. When we tried to intervene, he yelled out expletives at us,” MCA Treasurer Ravi Sawant told reporters Thursday morning.
Sawant said Shah Rukh, flanked by the bodyguards, went to the players’ dressing rooms to congratulate them. He then came down and started going towards the ground.
“When the security personnel told him that he cannot do so, he abused the guard and his men manhandled the security personnel,” he alleged.
Assistant Commissioner of Police Iqbal Shaikh also confirmed the incident and said police were looking into the matter.
- Decision whether to ban SRK from Wankhede next week - May 17, 2012
- MCA ban on Shah Rukh Khan not finalised: Rajiv Shukla - May 17, 2012
- Drunk Shah Rukh misbehaves, faces ban from Wankhede (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Shah Rukh banned from Wankhede for 5 years (Second Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Bal Thackeray slams SRK for 'misdemeanour' at Wankhede - May 19, 2012
- SRK drunk and abusive? MCA says yes, star says no (Roundup) - May 17, 2012
- Shah Rukh again apologises for Wankhede brawl - May 29, 2012
- I won't apologise, MCA officials should do that: SRK (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Shah Rukh was drunk, but that's not a crime: Mumbai ACP - May 17, 2012
- MCA managing committee meet to decide on SRK ban - May 18, 2012
- SRK barred from Wankhede for five years (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- SRK banned from Wankhede stadium for 5 years - May 18, 2012
- SRK's punishment too harsh: Javed Akhtar - May 20, 2012
- Mamata asks MCA to reconsider ban on SRK - May 18, 2012
- Mamata asks MCA to reconsider ban on SRK (Lead) - May 18, 2012
Tags: assistant commissioner, bodyguards, co owner, commissioner of police, dressing rooms, ipl, iqbal, knight riders, lifetime ban, mca, mumbai cricket association, police station, ravi, security guard, security guards, security officials, security personnel, shah rukh khan, thursday morning, wankhede stadium