SRK barred from Wankhede for five years (Lead)May 18th, 2012 - 1:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 18 (IANS) Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan has been banned from the Wankhede Stadium for five years, Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) President Vilasrao Deshmukh announced Friday.
The development comes two days after the co-owner of Kolkata Knight Riders allegedly got into a fracas with MCA officials and security personnel after an Indian Premier League match with Mumbai Indians.
“MCA is forced to ban Shah Rukh Khan from entering Wankhede Stadium for five years,” said Deshmukh, the union minister for science and technology.
He said nobody could support such behaviour, be it the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), the Indian Premier League (IPL) or the MCA.
“Our decision to ban Shah Rukh Khan was unanimous. There was a proposal of lifetime ban, but we want to send a message that this is not how one should behave,” Deshmukh said.
He said more than 50 percent MCA officials were present at the time of brawl so there was no point in forming an interim committee to look into the incident.
Replying to allegations by the actor that his daughter was manhandled by MCA officials, Deshmukh said: “We have not received any complaint from Shah Rukh Khan yet. He is unapologetic and justified his actions.”
“We have informed BCCI about the ban, but since this property belongs to MCA, we have decided on the ban,” he added.
- MCA managing committee meet to decide on SRK ban - May 18, 2012
- Shah Rukh banned from Wankhede for 5 years (Second Lead) - May 18, 2012
- SRK banned from Wankhede stadium for 5 years - May 18, 2012
- MCA bans Shah Rukh from Wankhede; experts call it a rare decision (Roundup) - May 18, 2012
- SRK drunk and abusive? MCA says yes, star says no (Roundup) - May 17, 2012
- MCA ban on Shah Rukh Khan not finalised: Rajiv Shukla - May 17, 2012
- Decision whether to ban SRK from Wankhede next week - May 17, 2012
- Shah Rukh was drunk, but that's not a crime: Mumbai ACP - May 17, 2012
- Drunk Shah Rukh misbehaves, faces ban from Wankhede (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Bal Thackeray slams SRK for 'misdemeanour' at Wankhede - May 19, 2012
- SRK might be banned from entering Wankhede - May 17, 2012
- BCCI will decide on SRK ban: Rajiv Shukla - May 18, 2012
- SRK's punishment too harsh: Javed Akhtar - May 20, 2012
- I won't apologise, MCA officials should do that: SRK (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Double whammy hits IPL; player arrested, SRK banned from Wankhede (Roundup) - May 18, 2012
Tags: allegations, co owner, cricket association, fracas, india bcci, indians, interim committee, ipl, knight riders, lifetime ban, match, mca president, premier league, proposal, science and technology, security personnel, shah rukh khan, union minister, vilasrao deshmukh, wankhede stadium