Sri Lankan team arrives in Mumbai for World Cup finalMarch 30th, 2011 - 6:07 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 30 (IANS) Ringed by commandos and crack units of the Mumbai police, the Sri Lankan team arrived here Wednesday for the April 2 cricket World Cup final at the Wankhede Stadium.
Looking all keyed up for the mega battle, the Kumar Sangakkara-led team trooped into the Taj hotel in the afternoon and immediately thereafter turned to the television to watch the semifinal between India and Pakistan in Mohali.
The winner of the Mohali match will play the Sri Lankans for the title. The islanders got past New Zealand by five wickets in the first semifinal in Colombo Tuesday.
A large posse of policemen were deployed on both sides of the route from the airport to the team hotel to ensure fool-proof security for the Sri Lankan players and officials, said a Mumbai Cricket Association official.
- Teams leave for Wankhede Stadium - Apr 02, 2011
- PCB out to prove it can provide fool-proof security - Sep 27, 2011
- Indo-Lankan final: Maha Govt. declares Apr. 2 a holiday - Mar 31, 2011
- Patil, Rajapaksa to watch World Cup final in Mumbai (Second Lead) - Mar 31, 2011
- UDRS has to be foolproof: World Cup umpires - Mar 31, 2011
- High security for India-Australia Kochi one-dayer - Oct 12, 2010
- World Cup final: Sri Lanka wins toss, elects to bat first - Apr 02, 2011
- Security high in sea, air, land for Mumbai grand finale - Mar 31, 2011
- India, Lankan teams arrive for WC final at Mumbai - Mar 31, 2011
- Pakistan tour: Bangladesh Cricket Board satisfied with security - Mar 05, 2012
- 3,000 cops pad up for India-Pakistan match - Mar 27, 2011
- Billion hearts, one dream: India prays for encore - Apr 02, 2011
- India, Pakistan leave for Mumbai, Lahore - Mar 31, 2011
- Indian, Pakistani teams leave for Mumbai, Lahore (Lead) - Mar 31, 2011
- Pakistan cricket team reaches Chandigarh - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: colombo, commandos, crack, cricket world cup, fool proof security, india and pakistan, islanders, match, mohali, mumbai cricket association, mumbai police, new zealand, policemen, sri lankan team, sri lankans, taj hotel, team hotel, television, wankhede stadium, wickets