Sri Lanka tour of Pak hits a roadblockDecember 31st, 2008 - 1:16 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Dec.31 (ANI): The Sri Lankan tour of Pakistan seems to have hit another road block just when the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) was preparing to host Sri Lanka for a test and one day international series.
The Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has turned down the PCBs proposal to play three tests and five one-dayers.
Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has turned down the Pakistan Cricket Boards proposal to play three Tests and five one-dayers, making it clear that such an assignment would put extra work-load on their players, The News quoted an SLC source, as saying.
SLC is now insisting that they want to delay their proposed tour of Pakistan by three weeks and reduce it to two Tests, three One-day Internationals and twenty20 game.
The SLCs demand for rescheduling the series has created another headache for PCB as Pakistan has to tour Bangladesh from March 3.Any rescheduling would now mean clashing of dates with the Bangladesh series.
The situation is tricky now, because if we go by Sri Lankas revised itinerary then this series clashes with our confirmed tour of Bangladesh scheduled from March 3, chief operating officer of PCB Saleem Altaf, said.
The Sri Lanka tour of Pakistan has been troubled earlier also. The interim committee of the SLC was disbanded and its chief Arjuna Ranatunga was sacked when he allowed the team to visit Pakistan. Later President Mahinda Rajapakse gave the series a green signal.
It seems that problems for PCB are endless. After a series of cancellation of tours Pakistan is hoping to play a test match for the first time in a year, but the latest controversy regarding dates has clouds of uncertainty hovering over the home series against Sri Lanka too. (ANI)
- Sri Lankan sports minister orders report on cricket crisis - Jan 17, 2012
- Pakistan cricket team to tour Sri Lanka in June - Apr 30, 2012
- Sri Lanka's Pakistan tour awaiting clearances - Mar 28, 2011
- Sri Lankan cricketers agree to return home early for England tour - Apr 20, 2011
- Sri Lanka refuse to tour Pakistan - May 24, 2011
- PCB chief invites Sri Lanka for series, response positive - Dec 18, 2008
- Sri Lanka Cricket confirms tour to Pakistan - Jan 08, 2009
- DRS for Pakistan-Sri Lanka one-day series - Oct 11, 2011
- Sri Lanka to end Pakistan's cricketing isolation with October series in country - Feb 25, 2011
- Sri Lanka selectors must go, says Ranatunga (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Pakistan drop Riaz over spot-fixing links - Nov 21, 2011
- I will instill self-belief in Pakistan team: Coach Mohsin - Oct 04, 2011
- IPL a monster that will destroy international cricket: Ranatunga - Jun 01, 2011
- Ranatunga says SL selectors must resign over team's poor performance - Jan 16, 2012
- BCCI jeopardising Sri Lanka's Pakistan tour: media reports - Jan 01, 2009
Tags: arjuna, chief operating officer, clashes, cricket boards, day internationals, interim committee, latest controversy, mahinda rajapakse, pakistan cricket board, pakistan cricket board pcb, pcbs, play three, roadblock, saleem altaf, slc, sri lanka cricket, sri lanka tour, sri lankan, sri lankas, test match