Sri Lanka asks Pakistan board to accommodate IPLMarch 25th, 2008 - 8:18 pm ICT by admin
Lahore, March 25 (IANS) Sri Lanka have asked Pakistan to re-schedule the proposed One-day International (ODI) series in order to allow their players to take part in the Indian Premier League (IPL). “We have told Pakistan that we are keen to help them only if the dates did not clash with the IPL,” Chief executive of Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) Duleep Mendis was quoted as saying in The News.
Sri Lanka had offered to play in five one-day matches in Pakistan after Australia pulled out of a scheduled tour in March-April due to security concerns.
However, the proposed dates (April 23 - May 5) were clashing with those of IPL, which is to be played in India from April 18 to June 1.
The clash of dates resulted in some IPL-contracted top Sri Lankan players threatening to skip the series. Indian board secretary Niranjan Shah had also telephoned SLC Friday to express his displeasure over the Pakistan tour, SLC sources said.
- Sri Lankan cricketers agree to return home early for England tour - Apr 20, 2011
- Indian, Sri Lankan cricket boards hopeful of finding a solution - Apr 21, 2011
- Malinga's decision to play in lucrative IPL, but not Tests 'awkward': Duleep Mendis - Apr 21, 2011
- Sri Lanka tour of Pak hits a roadblock - Dec 31, 2008
- Sri Lanka's Pakistan tour awaiting clearances - Mar 28, 2011
- Sri Lanka to sack Dilshan, Marsh for South African debacle - Jan 19, 2012
- IPL dates clash with West Indies tours - Oct 15, 2011
- Sri Lanka leave out Samaraweera of Pakistan series - Sep 21, 2011
- Sri Lanka to end Pakistan's cricketing isolation with October series in country - Feb 25, 2011
- Sri Lanka cricket board ordered to release IPL-contracted players - Oct 09, 2008
- Sri Lanka cricketers end battle for contracts - Jul 18, 2012
- Pakistan justified 'unpredictable side' tag by losing T20 against Windies: Qadir - Apr 23, 2011
- No DRS for Australia-Sri Lanka series for lack of sponsor - Jul 15, 2011
- Pakistan leave for UAE to play against Sri Lanka - Oct 15, 2011
- Pakistan to face Sri Lanka and England in UAE - Jun 21, 2011
Tags: australia, board secretary, chief executive, clash, displeasure, duleep mendis, India, ipl, lahore, march 25, niranjan, odi series, pakistan board, pakistan tour, premier league, security concerns, slc, sri lanka cricket, sri lankan