Sreesanth should be left to express himself: MahelaMay 3rd, 2011 - 2:27 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 3 (IANS) S. Sreesanth is known for his aggressive on-field approach and Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni at times has found it difficult to handle the temperamental pacer. But Kochi Tuskers captain Mahela Jayawardene says the going has been smooth for him so far and sometimes Sreesanth should be left to express himself on the field.
“I have not found difficult to handle him. He has been bowling well in the last two matches and creating opportunities. Sometimes you should let him be his aggressive self and at times you need to talk to him,” Jayawardene said after his team’s seven-wicket victory over Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League (IPL) Monday.
With the win, Tuskers are in the sixth position in the table with eight points. Jayawardene hoped that the victory will give them the momentum.
“We would love to have the consistency in the tournament. We have lost some close matches and hopefully with this victory we will get the momentum.
“The Kochi wicket was tough for us despite of being the home team, but here this wicket was good to bat.”
“I thought 160 would have been a par score on this pitch. We bowled according to the plan. The bowlers did a great job in executing the plan. We could not do that in our home game against Daredevils,” he said.
“While chasing we got off to a good start. It is good to have Brendon McCullum back among runs,” he said about the explosive opener who blasted 37 off 19 balls.
He also praised left arm seamer Prasanth Parmeswaran who made his debut. “He bowled a good angle to Sehwag. It was a gamble I took and it paid. We knew we had to get the wicket of Sehwag early.”
- IPL scoreboard: Delhi Daredevils vs Kochi Tuskers - May 03, 2011
- Tuskers bounce back with emphatic win over Delhi Daredevils (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Bowling consistently in right areas helped bag five wickets: Ishant - Apr 28, 2011
- Gayle powers RCB to victory over Kochi Tuskers (Roundup) - May 08, 2011
- Super Kings will look to sustaining winning streak at home - May 17, 2011
- IPL: Delhi Daredevils beat Kochi Tuskers Kerala by 38 runs - Apr 30, 2011
- KP, Jayawardene will boost Daredevils: Sehwag - Apr 09, 2012
- Sehwag still optimistic of qualifying for play-off - May 03, 2011
- Pietersen's innings one of the best: Jayawardene - Apr 20, 2012
- Warne takes three, Rajasthan Royals thrash Kochi Tuskers (Lead) - Apr 25, 2011
- Not under estimating Delhi Daredevils: Jayawardene - Apr 30, 2011
- Delhi Daredevils set Kochi Tuskers 141-run target - May 02, 2011
- New captains will bring fresh ideas in IPL-4 - Apr 07, 2011
- Sehwag takes Daredevils past Tuskers with his bat (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Kochi Tuskers confident of beating Pune Warriors despite defeat in first IPL game - Apr 13, 2011
Tags: bowlers, close matches, consistency, daredevils, field approach, home game, indian captain, ipl, kochi, mahela jayawardene, mahendra singh dhoni, mccullum, momentum, New Delhi, pacer, pitch, premier league, s sreesanth, sixth position, wicket victory