Sreesanth replaces injured Praveen Kumar in Indian WC squadFebruary 8th, 2011 - 8:36 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 8 (ANI): Kerala pacer S Sreesanth has replaced Praveen Kumar in the Indian squad after the latter was ruled out of the upcoming World Cup because of an elbow injury.The decision comes a day after Praveen underwent a fitness test at the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore to gauge whether he had recovered from the injury sustained before the start of the one-day series in South Africa last month.
Praveen took the fitness test immediately on his return from England, where he had gone last week to consult Dr Andrew Wallace, a London-based surgeon who has treated many Indian players including Sachin Tendulkar.
The selectors had earlier picked four medium pacers — Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Praveen Kumar and Munaf Patel for the World Cup.
India is clubbed in Group-B in the World Cup along with Bangladesh, England, South Africa, West Indies, Ireland and The Netherlands.
India will play the inaugural match of the World Cup against Bangladesh in Mirpur on February 19. (ANI)
- Ganguly questions selectors on non-inclusion of Sreesanth in WC squad - Jan 27, 2011
- Sreesanth replaces injured Praveen Kumar in India's World Cup squad (Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Rohit out, Chawla in: No other surprises in World Cup squad (Second Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Selectors pick three spinners for India's World Cup squad (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Praveen Kumar doubtful for World Cup - Feb 07, 2011
- India to bat first in World Cup opener - Feb 19, 2011
- World Cup: Selectors to pick 15-member Indian team Monday - Jan 14, 2011
- Team India leaves for Bangladesh for World Cup opening ceremony - Feb 17, 2011
- I will be fit for England tour, says Sreesanth - Jun 16, 2011
- Dhoni to lead India in 2011 World Cup - Jan 17, 2011
- Ishant to replace injured Praveen for ODI series - Jan 11, 2011
- Selectors unlikely to spring surprises in World Cup squad - Jan 16, 2011
- Sreesanth to replace injured Praveen Kumar in Indian squad - Feb 08, 2011
- India look to bounce back against South Africa - Jan 14, 2011
- Bangladesh elect to field against India in World Cup opener - Feb 19, 2011
Tags: andrew wallace, ashish nehra, bangalore, bangladesh, dr andrew, elbow injury, england south, fitness test, match, mirpur, munaf patel, national cricket academy, New Delhi, pacer, pacers, praveen kumar, s sreesanth, selectors, west indies, world cup