Spurs boss believes Man U can lift five titlesMarch 2nd, 2009 - 7:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar.2 (ANI): Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is convinced Manchester United can make history this season by winning five trophies, though Ferguson refuses to even discuss the prospect. Redknapp said: Theyve got a big chance of winning the lot. Theyre the team to beat and have a fantastic squad. The leagues going their way, for sure. You wouldnt bet against them to win the Champions League and itll be the big four in the semi-finals of the FA Cup. Redknapp believes Fergusons desire for silverware also remains unquenchable.
Yesterday, he played rookies Danny Welbeck and Darron Gibson from the start but when the going got tough the big guns were on.
Redknapp added: Lets be honest, we played the best team in Europe. It wasnt their kids.
They started with two, but they came off pretty lively. Vidic comes on, Giggs comes on. That back four they ended up with is very strong.
When theres a trophy to be won, Alex wants to win. Makes no mistake, hes not going to play a load of kids and, if they get beat, say unlucky.
Ferguson is trying to calm talk about winning five trophies. He said: The great advantage I have is I wont get carried away with it.
Fergie has won 31 trophies in more than 22 years and Ryan Giggs, 35, brought on as a second-half sub added: The hunger he has rubs off on the players. (ANI)
- Fergie issues axe threat to `starry-eyed'' Man U players - Mar 04, 2009
- Arsenal won't end trophy drought this season: Redknapp - Apr 21, 2011
- Champions League: Fergie knows his Man U stars are unbeatable - Feb 24, 2011
- Sir Alex Ferguson sees 'Fergie Fledglings' in current Man U brigade - Dec 01, 2009
- Ferguson set to axe seven flop Man U players for crucial tie against City - Jan 05, 2010
- Manchester City wins league title in thrilling fashion - May 14, 2012
- City go top after beating United - May 01, 2012
- Tottenham faces exodus of players, warns Ancelotti - Apr 30, 2011
- Don't want to face Barcelona so early in Champions League: Redknapp - Mar 10, 2011
- Guardiola, Capello, Redknapp on official Russia shortlist - Jul 10, 2012
- Man U fans, a divided house over Fergie fielding weakened line-up in FA Cup semis - Apr 21, 2009
- Splash the cash if you want Champions League fame: Redknapp - Apr 14, 2011
- Fergie praises Giggs for shattering Chelsea's Champions League dreams - Apr 13, 2011
- Tottenham coach Redknapp says Man U won't last season unbeaten - Jan 14, 2011
- Manchester United win Carling Cup in shootout - Mar 02, 2009
Tags: 22 years, big guns, boss, champions league, darron gibson, fa cup, ferguson, harry redknapp, hunger, manchester united, rookies, ryan giggs, second half, semi finals, silverware, spurs, trophies, trophy, vidic, welbeck