Sports federation chiefs can’t be over 70 years: CourtNovember 2nd, 2010 - 7:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 2 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Tuesday directed the central government to implement its national sports policy under which the upper age limit for the heads of sports federations has been fixed at 70 years.
A bench headed by Chief Justice Deepak Misra gave the direction while turning down a plea of five federations seeking a stay on the government policy.
The government May 1 came out with guidelines under which the upper age limit was fixed at 70 years and the head of a sports federation was allowed to continue on the post for a maximum of three terms.
Challenging the policy, different sports federations approached the court seeking a restraint on its implementation. The court, however, refused to grant any relief and declined to stay the government order.
- Delhi HC asks Centre to fix age limit for 'Heads of Sports Federations' - Nov 02, 2010
- Malhotra demands PM's resignation over Centre's National Sports Policy - Nov 03, 2010
- Court upholds government ruling on tenure, age for sports officials (Lead) - Nov 02, 2010
- Maken to stick to Gill's tenure and age guidelines - Jan 20, 2011
- Malhotra lashes out at sports ministry over guidelines - Nov 03, 2010
- Court clears way for athletics body elections - Apr 12, 2012
- Supreme Court not to meddle in fuel pricing (Lead) - Nov 18, 2011
- 2G: Apex court to hear government's plea April 13 - Apr 05, 2012
- Apex court to hear plea on abducted Odisha legislator (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Apex court to hear plea on abducted Odisha legislator - Apr 18, 2012
- Railway ministry questioned on quality of food on trains - Feb 23, 2011
- Court questions delay in naming Delhi power regulator chief - Jan 21, 2011
- Central varsities' OBC quota petition to be heard Monday (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- Court refuses to stay probe against chess federation (Lead) - Nov 22, 2011
- DU told to make new rules for chess quota admissions - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,