Special traffic management plan for Delhi during C’Wealth GamesJuly 27th, 2010 - 10:46 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 27 (ANI): The Delhi Traffic Police has drawn up a detailed Traffic management Plan for managing traffic during Commonwealth Games-2010 to be held in the national capital, the Government informed the Lok Sabha on Tuesday.
The Traffic Management Plan has been formulated by Delhi Traffic Police to provide safe, rapid, orderly and efficient mobility to all categories of road users during the Commonwealth Games, 2010, particularly to vehicles carrying players, dignitaries attending the Games and spectators coming to witness the events.
In a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha, Minister of State for Home Affairs Ajay Maken mentioned the salient features of the measures are as follows:
a) To ensure seamless movement for all Games related traffic, including VIP movements.
b) To identify routes for participants, VIPs etc from the International Airport to the Games Village/hotels and from the Games Village to the various venues.
c) To operate a dedicated lane for accredited CWG vehicles.
d) To provide for alternate/diversionary routes to allow the normal city traffic with minimum dislocation.
e) Parking and traffic circulation arrangements at all venues, including media centre, airport, railway stations, ISBTs, hotels and places of tourist interest etc.
f) To promote integration of public transport, including Metro Rail etc.
g) To discourage use of private modes of transport.
The minister informed that the trial of such measures to test their adequacy in coordination with the stakeholders is an ongoing process.
Delhi Police is in readiness to put to test the Traffic management Plan for the Commonwealth Games-2010, he added. (ANI)
- Delhi Traffic Police issues road advisory in view of CWG - Sep 03, 2010
- Athletes' movement schedule received, say police (Second Lead) - Sep 13, 2010
- Athletes' movement schedule not finalised, say police (Lead) - Sep 13, 2010
- Athletes' movement: Police says schedule not finalised - Sep 13, 2010
- Trial run held of Games traffic plan - Aug 22, 2010
- BRICS summit venue turns into fortress - Mar 28, 2012
- Will shift Auto Expo elsewhere if told, say oganisers (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Delhi braces for dedicated Games lanes - Sep 26, 2010
- Security net thrown around Games venues - Sep 26, 2010
- VVIP movement, jams biggest roadblocks for Delhi ambulances - Dec 22, 2010
- Drivers trained in English for easy commuting during Games - Aug 23, 2010
- Delhi Metro gains from traffic jams, fewer buses - Sep 28, 2010
- Dedicated buses, 24X7 monitoring of transport for Games athletes - Feb 23, 2010
- 299 prosecuted in Delhi for using red beacons - Aug 30, 2011
- CWG has added to woes of Delhiites, says JD-U leader - Sep 28, 2010
Tags: airport railway, city traffic, commonwealth games 2010, delhi police, dislocation, games new, home affairs, Lok Sabha, metro rail, modes of transport, private modes, railway stations, road users, salient features, seamless movement, tourist interest, traffic circulation, traffic management plan, traffic police, wealth games