South African bookies back Spain to win World CupJuly 10th, 2010 - 3:38 pm ICT by ANI
Cape Town, July 10(ANI): Leading South African bookies, GreatOdds, are backing Spain to win Sunday’s World Cup final against the Netherlands.
GreatOdds have Spain on offer at 23/20 to win their first ever World Cup title, while Netherlands, who are appearing in their third final, are being backed at 13/5, Sport24 reports. A draw is being offered at 11/5.
Reigning European champions, Spain, have so far lost only one game in the tournament.
They lost their opening Group stage match 1-0 to Switzerland, and then registered wins over Honduras (2-1) and Chile (2-1). In the Round of 16 they accounted for Portugal 1-0, before beating Paraguay 1-0 in the quarterfinals and Germany 1-0 in the semis.
Netherlands is unbeaten in the tournament so far, with Group stage victories over Denmark (2-0), Japan (1-0) and Cameroon (2-1) before they beat Slovakia 2-1 in the Round of 16, Brazil 2-1 in the quarterfinals and Uruguay 3-2 in the semi-finals.
Meanwhile, Germany is being backed for the playoff for third position to be played in Port Elizabeth on Saturday.
Germany is rated at 13/20, while Uruguay at 15/4. A draw is on offer at 11/4. (ANI)
- Spain's road to World Cup trophy - Jul 12, 2010
- Euro 2012: Spain beat Portugal 4-2 on penalties, reach final - Jun 28, 2012
- World Cup 2010 results - Jul 12, 2010
- World Cup knockout round results and fixtures - Jun 30, 2010
- Krohn-Dehli strikes as Denmark shocks Netherlands - Jun 10, 2012
- 1960 Olympics hockey: Pakistan dethrone India (Sports Special) - Jul 12, 2012
- Euro 2012 Group B Preview: Many challenges in Group of Death - Jun 05, 2012
- 1964 Olympics: India regain hockey supremacy (Sports Special) - Jul 13, 2012
- Spain outclass Germany to reach World Cup final (Third lead, changing dateline) - Jul 08, 2010
- Octopus Paul has cost punters up to half a million squid - Jul 12, 2010
- Dutch still have chance despite defeat - Jun 14, 2012
- Portugal fourth in FIFA rankings - Sep 05, 2012
- Statistics: Spain at the World Cup - Jul 08, 2010
- Paul the Octopus predicts England will host 2018 World Cup - Aug 20, 2010
- Alonso rules out Spain changing tactics for Ronaldo - Jun 26, 2012
Tags: bookies, brazil, cameroon, cape town, chile, denmark, european champions, group stage, honduras, netherlands, port elizabeth, portugal, quarterfinals, semi finals, semis, slovakia, spain, third position, uruguay, world cup title