South Africa recalls Botha, Tsotsobe for Test series against IndiaJanuary 19th, 2010 - 2:09 pm ICT by ANI
Johannesburg, Jan.19 (ANI) : South Africa have recalled off-spinner Johan Botha and left-arm fast bowler Lonwabo Tsotsobe for the two match Test series against India next month.
Both and Tsotsobe were included in the 13-man squad which was previously picked for the third and fourth Test against England.
South Africa already has a spinner in the team in the form of Paul Harris, but given the friendly conditions in India the team management decided to add another spinner to the touring contingent.
“It is important to have a second specialist spin bowling option for a Test series on the Asian sub-continent. We feel this squad covers all our tactical options,” The Dawn quoted selection convenor Mike Procter, as saying.
Explosive batsmen Herschelle Gibbs and Loots Bosman have also been included in the 15-man squad for three one-day internationals to be played during the tour.
“We feel that Bosman gives us an explosive hitting option up front and this will be the ideal opportunity for him to show his worth on the sub-continent where next year’s World Cup will be played,” Procter added.
South Africa’s Test squad : Graeme Smith (captain), Hashim Amla, Johan Botha, Mark Boucher (wkt), AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Paul Harris, Jacques Kallis, Ryan McLaren, Morne Morkel, Wayne Parnell, Alviro Petersen, Ashwell Prince, Dale Steyn, Lonwabo Tsotsobe.
One-day squad: Smith (captain), Loots Bosman, Botha, Boucher (wkt), De Villiers, Duminy, Herschelle Gibbs, Kallis, Albie Morkel, Morne Morkel, Parnell, Petersen, Steyn, Tsotsobe, Roelof van der Merwe. (ANI)
- South Africa name unchanged Test squad for England series - Jun 13, 2012
- Injured Kallis in, Boucher dropped from SA World Cup squad - Jan 19, 2011
- South Africa will like to leave the past behind (Team Profile, World cup Countdown) - Feb 11, 2011
- Tahir makes the cut in South Africa's ODI squad - Jan 06, 2011
- Amla recalled to SA's Twenty20 squad - Dec 29, 2010
- Graeme Smith wins toss, elects to bat - Mar 19, 2011
- South Africa to bat first - Jan 12, 2011
- South Africa to bat first in fourth ODI - Jan 21, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs SOuth Africa, first ODI - Feb 22, 2010
- South Africa's World Cup squad arrives in Chennai - Feb 09, 2011
- Ishant to replace injured Praveen for ODI series - Jan 11, 2011
- England elect to bat against South Africa - May 09, 2010
- South Africa decide to bat against New Zealand - May 07, 2010
- Time India stamped their supremacy in world cricket - Dec 15, 2010
- Rain likely to mar South Africa-Netherlands match (Preview) - Mar 02, 2011
Tags: ab de villiers, albie, ashwell prince, bosman, dale steyn, graeme smith, hashim amla, herschelle gibbs, jacques kallis, johan botha, loots, man squad, mark boucher, mike procter, morne morkel, paul harris, spin bowling, tactical options, test squad, wkt