South Africa in command in Lahore TestNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:00 am ICT by admin
Earlier, Pakistan resumed their first innings at 140 for three and soon lost two wickets in succession to reach 149 for six. Veteran Inzamam-ul-Haq was first to go when he was caught behind off Kallis in the second over of the day for 14, still needing six runs to surpass Javed Miandad’s Test aggregate of 8,832 runs to become Pakistan’s highest run-getter.
Inzamam was followed by Skipper Shoaib Malik, the in-form batsman, who was unfortunately caught at short leg off a quick Dale Steyn for just one run. Misbah-ul-Haq, the overnight batsman, was then joined by Abdul Rehman and the pair added 40 precious runs for the seventh wicket.
At 189, Pakistan went through a disaster when Misbah, Umar Gul and Danish Kaneria all were dismissed in one maiden over by Makhaya Nitni. Misbah scored a patient 41.
Abdul Rehman and Muhammad Asif took the score to 206. Nitni and Paul Harris took three wickets each for 42 and 57, respectively.
Opener Herschelle Gibbs and one-drop Hashim Amla scored 16 and 17 respectively before gifting their wickets away. (ANI)
- (VM) India record maiden World Cup semifinal victory at home (Statistical highlights) - Mar 31, 2011
- Pakistan routs 'self-destructing' Kiwis by 10 wickets to win Hamilton Test - Jan 09, 2011
- Dhoni sixth in ODI rankings after prolific series in England - Sep 18, 2011
- Inzamam says Pak should win World Cup for Woolmer - Feb 21, 2011
- Misbah praises Pak bowlers for crushing New Zealand in first Test - Jan 09, 2011
- Pakistan beat Kiwis by 10 wickets in Hamilton Test - Jan 09, 2011
- Pakistan takes first-innings lead in Wellington Test against New Zealand - Jan 17, 2011
- 'Talented' Kiwis must beat 'pretty average' Pak in Wellington Test: McMillan - Jan 14, 2011
- Saeed Ajmal becomes No.1 ranked ODI bowler - Sep 06, 2012
- Pak make 235 for four in reply to New Zealand's 275 on Day 2 of first Test - Jan 08, 2011
- Mohsin says he can get along with skipper Misbah - Oct 06, 2011
- Kohli stars in India's record ODI chase against Pakistan (Roundup) - Mar 18, 2012
- Pakistan beats New Zealand in Christchurch ODI to level series 1-1 - Jan 29, 2011
- Kamran, Razzaq, Younus omitted from Pak squad for West Indies tour - Apr 06, 2011
- Pakistan elect to bat against Sri Lanka - Feb 26, 2011