Sourav Ganguly scores 16th Test ton (Statistical highlights)October 18th, 2008 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali, Oct 18 (IANS) Sourav Ganguly scored his second Test century against Australia, his 16th overall, in the second cricket Test at the Punjab Cricket Association Stadium here Saturday.Statistical highlights of the second day’s play:
* Ganguly has now hit eight hundreds each in India and away.
* Ganguly became the second Indian batsman after Virender Sehwag to hit two centuries at Mohali.
* Ganguly and Dhoni were associated in a stand of 109 runs - India’s highest partnership for the seventh wicket at Mohali, beating the 52 between Sanjay Bangar and V.V.S. Laxman against England in 2001-02.
* The partnership is India’s second best for the seventh wicket against Australia, next only to the 132 between Vijay Hazare and Hemu Adhikari in the 1947-48 Adelaide Test.
* Dhoni’s superb innings of 92 off 124 balls is his first fifty as captain in Tests and his highest at number eighth position.
* Dhoni’s innings is the second best by an Indian wicketkeeper at Mohali. Deep Dasgupta is the only Indian wicketkeeper to register a hundred at this venue - 100 against England in 2001-02.
* Dhoni’s second fifty (10th overall) is the best by a number eight batsman for India against Australia, surpassing Anil Kumble’s 87 in the 2007-08 Adelaide Test.
* Matthew Hayden’s second duck in succession against India is his 13th in Test Cricket.