Some elements have been promising: KoevermansJune 29th, 2012 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
Muscat (Oman), June 29 (IANS) Newly appointed Indian football coach Wim Koevermans said Friday that he had seen some promising points in the under-22 national team but said that everyone needed to be patient if they wanted a change to take place in Indian football.
Koevermans met India’s U-22 boys for the first time at a practice session here. A day later, Koevermans and Technical Director Rob Baan spoke at length to www.the-aiff.com about India’s performance against United Arab Emirates, a 1-1 draw, the coaching philosophy, discipline and a lot more.
“I am quite pleased with the manner things were conducted on the pitch. Obviously, there are areas of improvement. But one needs to remember that the performance came against a strong Nation as United Arab Emirates.
We had our moments on the field and could have won it. There were some elements which are very promising indeed,” said the new coach.
“It was heartening to see that boys were focused all throughout. They were passionate to play for their country, though I must admit that the passion at times, was disturbing the tactics a bit,” Baan added.
The former Dutch defender said that it would take time to establish a new style of play and discipline.
“The new style and discipline will take time. There will have to be changes and it always takes time. So we just can’t afford to hurry at the moment. Let’s be patient and the difference will be evident.”
- Wim Koevermans unveiled as new Indian football coach - Jun 15, 2012
- India hold UAE 1-1 in U-22 AFC Championship qualifier - Jun 29, 2012
- Do or die for India against Oman in AFC U-22 qualifier - Jul 02, 2012
- Koevermans names 37 probables for Nehru Cup - Jul 06, 2012
- India coach names final squad for Nehru Cup - Aug 19, 2012
- Nepal played better than us: Koevarmans - Aug 29, 2012
- Coach happy with India's start in Nehru Cup - Aug 23, 2012
- We need to understand what the coach wants: Chhetri - Aug 21, 2012
- India getting used to Koevermans' style: Mehtab - Aug 27, 2012
- Nehru Cup: India look to continue winning ways against Maldives - Aug 24, 2012
- Koevermans includes Chettri in Nehru Cup probables - Aug 07, 2012
- India must play matches on FIFA dates: Kovermans - Sep 03, 2012
- Passing game way forward for Indian football: Coach Koevarmans - Aug 25, 2012
- Rob Baan signs two-year deal with AIFF - Oct 12, 2011
- India coach hails his boys' spirited show against UAE - Jul 28, 2011
Tags: elements, football coach, India, indian football, june 29, koevermans, muscat oman, new style, passion, philosophy discipline, pitch, practice session, rob baan, technical director, united arab emirates, wim