Somdev slips 19 places to 89September 26th, 2011 - 7:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 26 (IANS) India’s Somdev Devvarman slipped 19 places to 89 in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) rankings released Monday.
Somdev was sidelined for two weeks because of a shoulder injury, which flared up during India’s Davis Cup match against Japan.
He is now back in action with the ongoing Malaysian Open.
In the men’s doubles, Mahesh Bhupathi and Leander Paes are unchanged at sixth and eighth place and so is Rohan Bopanna at 14.
In the women’s singles, Sania Mirza, who is nursing a knee injury, gained two places to 86. She, however, was unchanged in her doubles ranking of 10.
- Somdev, Sania unchanged in rankings - Oct 24, 2011
- Somdev gains five places to 79 - Oct 31, 2011
- Somdev, Sania climb in rankings - Aug 15, 2011
- Somdev reaches career high ranking of 66 - May 16, 2011
- Somdev touches career-high ranking of 68 - May 09, 2011
- Somdev unchanged at 84 in ATP rankings - Oct 17, 2011
- Somdev reaches career-high ranking of 80 - Feb 07, 2011
- Sania, Somdev get wild card; 7 Indians for Olympic tennis (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Bopanna drops out of top-10 doubles ranking - Nov 28, 2011
- Sonia, Somdev get wild card entry for London Olympics - Jun 26, 2012
- Bopanna reaches career-high doubles ranking - Apr 25, 2011
- Somdev reaches career best 73 in singles - Mar 21, 2011
- India pin hopes on doubles at Australian Open - Jan 15, 2012
- Sania reaches career best doubles ranking - Jun 06, 2011
- Bopanna touches career high doubles ranking - Nov 01, 2010
Tags: association of tennis professionals, atp rankings, davis cup, eighth place, India, japan, knee injury, leander paes, mahesh bhupathi, match, New Delhi, rohan bopanna, s davis, sania mirza, shoulder injury, somdev devvarman