Sodhi wins gold in shooting World CupJune 18th, 2008 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 18 (IANS) Ronjon Sodhi fired a brilliant round to equal the world record and win gold medal in the double trap at the shooting World Cup in Belgrade Wednesday. Sodhi, who scored 147+47, is the first Indian shooter to win a gold medal in the double trap event at the World Cup.
He equalled the world Record of 194/200 established by D.I. Spigno of Italy in the 1999 World Championship in Shotgun events.
Sodhi also equalled the world record for the qualification round with a score of 147/150 (49 48 50). Australia’s Diamond Michael established this record during the 1998 World Champinship at Barcelona.
India’s Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore was ranked 24th in the qualification round with a score of 134/150.
- Olympic dreams over for Rathore and Anjali (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Weather can decide the medal, says shooter Sodhi - Jul 19, 2012
- London Olympics can see a record number of Indian shooters - Jun 12, 2011
- Olympics: India hope to get lion's share from the ranges (Preview) - Jul 27, 2012
- Selectors have to take a call on shooter Rathore - Feb 18, 2012
- Sodhi wins double trap gold in Turkey World Cup - Sep 20, 2010
- Asian shooting: India win silver and two bronze in team events - Jan 14, 2012
- Sodhi all set to defend his shooting title - Oct 03, 2011
- I can prove myself again: Rathore - Feb 01, 2012
- Russia's Leybo wins men's double trap at Olymic test event - Apr 24, 2012
- Olympics: India on a medal count - Jul 27, 2012
- Junior world champion Noria replaces Rathore in CWG shooting squad - Sep 01, 2010
- Indian shooters aim to cross Melbourne medal tally - Sep 12, 2010
- Olympic shooting: India's double trap shooter Ronjan out - Aug 02, 2012
- Asian Games shooting: Ronjan breaks India's gold jinx, bronze for double trap team (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010