Snubbed Younus opens photo studio to “divert mind, utilise time”October 2nd, 2010 - 2:58 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Oct 2 (ANI): Dejected after repeatedly being sidelined by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and the national selectors, former skipper Younus Khan has opened a photo studio in order to “divert his mind” away from the game and make productive use of his time.
Younus, who has not been selected in the Pakistan squad since the One-day International (ODI) series in Australia back in February, has taken over a photo-shop business in Karachi where he is residing these days, the Daily Times reported.
“Yes I have started this photo-shop business. It is called ‘Bambino Photo Studio’. It allows me to divert my mind and spend my time productively,” confirmed the out of favour batsman.
“A close friend first had the shop and was going away after which I took it over and I am now rebuilding the studio and starting the business afresh. It has attracted me because photography has always fascinated me and it is a good business venture,” he added.
He was also continuing his hobby of fishing regularly, said Younus, but made it clear that he had not given up hope of playing for Pakistan again.
“The domestic season is starting soon and I will be playing for my team and hopefully get back into match form, as I continue my training all the time. Whenever Pakistan requires my services I am always available for the team,” he said optimistically.
However, Younus declined to comment on the reasons for the PCB refusing to consider him for selection.
Earlier this week, former Pakistan batsman Zaheer Abbas had urged the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to reappoint Younus Khan as the Test team captain, calling him “the best choice to lead Pakistan” in absence of Salman Butt, who has been provisionally suspended by the International Cricket Council (ICC) under its anti-corruption code.
“The board should not waste any more time in appointing Younus as the Test team captain because he is the ideal man to lead the team after the controversial tour to England,” Abbas added. (ANI)
- Younus must as Test captain to see Pak cricket through challenging times: Zaheer Abbas - Sep 30, 2010
- Younus 'expected a lot more in PCB conciliatory letter" - Oct 14, 2010
- Yousuf's inclusion for England Test series 'a laughable situation': Zaheer - Aug 09, 2010
- 'Upset' PCB threatens to issue fresh show cause notice to Younus Khan - Aug 11, 2010
- Former Pak crickters welcome Younus Khan's return to national squad - Oct 22, 2010
- 'Fresh show cause notice to Younus will be illegal' - Aug 15, 2010
- Malik recalled to Pakistan squad for Zimbabwe tour - Aug 21, 2011
- I am not a 'rubber stamp' selector: Mohsin Khan - Oct 21, 2010
- Younus demands 'justice' to be able to play for 'beloved' Pak again - May 25, 2010
- Yousuf ready to come out of retirement if Pakistan needs him - Jul 19, 2010
- Afridi will not appear before PCB disciplinary committee - Jun 06, 2011
- 'Professional' Younus "neither angry nor upset" at ouster from Pak team - Apr 22, 2011
- Younus Khan seeks meeting with PCB chief Butt to resolve disputes - Oct 16, 2010
- Misbah not desperate to head Pakistan's ODI squad - May 30, 2011
- Keep mouth shut and let bat do the talking: Waqar to Afridi - Nov 07, 2011
Tags: best choice, business venture, controversial tour, corruption, dejected, favour, good business, international cricket council, national selectors, odi series, pakistan cricket board, pakistan cricket board pcb, photo shop, photo studio, shop business, skipper, team captain, test team, younus, zaheer abbas