Smith’s embarrassing first-ball duck after getting selected in Oz Ashes squadNovember 20th, 2010 - 1:52 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Nov 20 (ANI): Young all-rounder Steve Smith, who was named in the 13 man Ashes squad for the first Test, made an embarrassing first-ball duck for Australia A on Saturday against England.
Skipper Cameron White’s superb century was also not enough to prevent Australia A losing the tour match against England at Bellerive Oval
The tourists needed just nine runs in their second innings and surged to a 10 wicket win after running through Australia A’s lower order.
England’s second-string pacer Chris Tremlett took three wickets in eight balls to leave Australia A in a precarious position.
The two-metre tall Tremlett removed former Test opener Phil Hughes for 81 and in his next over claimed Tim Paine lbw for two and Smith in successive deliveries.
The 21-year-old Smith had been named on Saturday morning in Australia’s revised squad of 13 for next Thursday’s first Ashes Test in Brisbane, The Sydney Morning Herald reports. (ANI)
- Australia's middle order 'cup of woe runneth over' - Nov 17, 2010
- England a sniff away from retaining Ashes at MCG - Dec 28, 2010
- England's second-string bowlers up to grab Ashes slots: Tremlett - Nov 18, 2010
- Oz Ashes disaster looms as batsmen crumble in domestic games ahead of opener - Nov 18, 2010
- Ashes run-up: Hussey, North fail again - Nov 01, 2010
- England in command after first day of Perth Ashes Test - Dec 16, 2010
- Oz selectors announce provisional 17-man Ashes squad for Gabba Test - Nov 15, 2010
- Ryan Harris on fitness watch ahead of Ashes opener - Nov 15, 2010
- Panesar, Tremlett recalled in England's 16-man squad for Ashes - Sep 24, 2010
- For the Ashes, size does matter for England - Sep 24, 2010
- England three wickets away from Sydney Ashes Test glory - Jan 06, 2011
- The two balls that led to Tremlett's Ashes heroics - Jan 29, 2011
- England beat Australia to retain Ashes Down Under after 24 years - Dec 29, 2010
- Ferguson, Khawaja selection is good news for Hussey - Nov 09, 2010
- Beer in, North, Bollinger and Doherty axed from Oz squad - Dec 10, 2010
Tags: cameron white, chris tremlett, eight balls, england skipper, first ashes test, first test, lbw, morning herald, pacer, phil hughes, precarious position, rounder, saturday morning, second string, steve smith, sydney morning herald, sydney nov, tim paine, wicket, wickets