Smith, Pathan register best opening stand for Rajasthan Royals(Statistical highlights)May 10th, 2008 - 2:14 am ICT by admin
Jaipur, May 10 (IANS) Graeme Smith and Yusuf Pathan put up the best ever first wicket partnership for Rajasthan Royals during its eight-wicket drubbing of Deccan Chargers here Friday night. Pathan (68) Smith (40) surpassed the 78 between Smith and Swapnil Asnodkar against Chennai Super Kings at Jaipur on May 4.
Other statistical highlights of the match.
* Rajasthan Royals became the first team to register six wins in the competition.
* Rajasthan Royals have now won both their games against Deccan Chargers. They had defeated Deccan Chargers by three wickets at Hyderabad on April 24.
* Deccan Chargers became the second team after Bangalore Royal Challengers to lose six games in the IPL.
* Yusuf completed his 200 runs in the competition - 231 runs at an average of 28.87 in eight games.
* Yusuf’s 68 off 37 balls is his highest score in the competition - his third 50 in the IPL.
* Graeme Smith also aggregated 200 runs in the competition - 202 at an average of 40.50.
* After producing a career-best 6 for 14 against Chennai Super Kings at Jaipur on May 4, Sohail Tanvir has failed to capture a single wicket in his next two games.
* Mahesh Rawat, with three catches in Deccan Chargers’ innings, became the first wicketkeeper to effect 6 dismissals in the competition - all caught.
* Adam Gilchrist (61 off 49 balls) registered his second 50 in the compettion.
* Gilchrist, with a six off Shane Watson over deep square leg in the fifth over, established a record for most sixes (16), eclipsing Brendon McCullum’s tally of 15 sixes in the competition.
* Gilchrist’s aggregate of 284 runs at an average of 40.57 is bettered only by Gautam Gambhir (305 at an average of 50.83) in the competition.
* Shahid Afridi has averaged 9.40 in seven games - 47 runs at a strike rate of 162.06.
* Shane Warne, with two wickets, took his tally to 11 at 17.45 runs apiece. His tally is bettered only by Zaheer Khan(13) and Irfan Pathan (12) in the competition.
Tags: adam gilchrist, afridi, compettion, drubbing, eight games, gautam gambhir, graeme smith, highest score, rawat, shane warne, shane watson, sixes, sohail, square leg, swapnil, tanvir, wicket partnership, wicketkeeper, yusuf pathan, zaheer khan