Sky Sports sacks football pundit Andy Gray over ‘unacceptable’ sexist behaviourJanuary 26th, 2011 - 4:58 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 26(ANI): Sky Sports has reportedly sacked Andy Gray, their primary football pundit and a former Scottish footballer, from his 1.7 million pounds-a-year job after a fresh tape emerged of his sexist behaviour.
According to the Daily Mail, Sky Sports has terminated Gray’s contract for “unacceptable and offensive behaviour”.
Gray’s co-presenter Richard Keys also appears to be on the verge of losing his job, after a video clip emerged online showing him also making more lewd comments about women.
The latest tape shows the 55-year-old making crude suggestions to female co-presenter Charlotte Jackson.
While preparing for a broadcast, Gray is seen pulling out the waistband of his trousers before asking Jackson to “just tuck that in for me would you”. It is thought he was referring to the cable of his microphone.
According to reports, Gray, who has been a key part of Sky Sports football coverage for two decades, is consulting his lawyers.
It comes a day after Gray was taken off the air and temporarily suspended for making sexist remarks about a female match official.
Gray was broadcasting the Premier League match between Wolverhampton and Liverpool on Saturday when he and Keys made disparaging remarks about lineswoman Sian Massey.
Gray said: “What do women know about the offside rule?” (ANI)
- Sky Sports football presenter Richard Keys resigns over role in sexism scandal - Jan 27, 2011
- Sky Sports football presenter Keys' wife defends his sexist jibes as "boys' banter" - Jan 28, 2011
- Capello backs female officials in football amidst sexism row - Jan 26, 2011
- Sky News 'sexist row' presenters close to joining Al Jazeera TV - Jan 29, 2011
- Now, ex-footie commentator Keys facing racism charge for labelling black player 'choco' - Feb 14, 2011
- Sky Sport's presenters forced to apologise over 'sexist comments' during football match - Jan 24, 2011
- Crowd gives sexism-row referee Massey unwelcoming chants on return to Premier League - Feb 14, 2011
- Sky Sports presenter apologises for UK soccer sexism row - Jan 25, 2011
- Sky Sports 'sexism row' presenters sign Talksport radio deal - Feb 09, 2011
- Andy Gray and Richard Keys In Sexism Row Over Sian Massey - Jan 24, 2011
- Andy Gray to Sue Sky Sports for £3M - Jan 27, 2011
- Sacked Andy Gray is planning to sue Sky Sports for £3m - Jan 27, 2011
- Now, Ferguson embroiled in sexism row over 1994 letter to female physio - Feb 14, 2011
- New Zealand PM John Key stands by 'hot' Liz Hurley comment - Feb 02, 2011
- Sky should forget signing Gary Neville: Ferguson - Jan 30, 2011
Tags: andy gray, charlotte jackson, daily mail, football coverage, footballer, lewd comments, london jan, massey, offensive behaviour, offside rule, premier league, richard keys, sacks, sexist remarks, sky sports, sky sports football, trousers, verge, waistband, wolverhampton