Simmons wary of CSK ahead of matchMay 12th, 2012 - 12:39 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 11 (IANS) Delhi Daredevils coach Eric Simmons preferred to hedge his bets as he stressed on the obvious, saying his team needed to be on guard against the Chennai Super Kings whom they meet in a crucial Indian Premier League game here Saturday.
At a media interaction here Friday, Simmons, who is also the bowling coach of his team, pointed out that since the Daredevils are currently on top of the league table with 18 points, it is all the more reason why they should expect their opponents to strike hard.
“The higher you are on the table, the more freedom the opposition takes against you. They will take more chances. Not just in that perspective, but CSK is a very good side. They are full of quality and will take a lot of chances. So they will be particularly dangerous in the game tomorrow,” Simmons said.
The Super Kings, languishing on 13 points, are in a must-win situation as their hopes of making the play-offs hinge on them winning all their remaining games.
Simmons, while admitting that all-rounder Albie Morkel presents a huge threat to Daredevils, pointed out that his team needs to plan against each of the Super Kings batsmen and, more importantly, execute the plans on the field.
“We got to seek answers from his (Albie) brother Morne, but that is one of the great things about IPL when international teammates playing against each other and in this case, international brothers.
- RCB hope to make up for twin losses - Apr 14, 2012
- Poor execution of plans led to defeat against CSK: Sangakkara - May 02, 2011
- Super Kings start favourites against Daredevils (Preview) - May 24, 2012
- Advantage Super Kings against Kings XI Punjab - Apr 27, 2012
- Delhi Daredevils coach defends Morkel's omission - May 26, 2012
- Happy to contribute for the team, says Vijay - May 26, 2012
- IPL: Lucky Super Kings take on upbeat Mumbai Indians Wednesday - May 23, 2012
- 'Last-gasp IPL thrillers stressful for players, spectators' - May 18, 2012
- RCB hopes to maintain winning spree - Apr 25, 2012
- Daredevils elect to field against Super Kings - Apr 10, 2012
- Daredevils opt to field against Super Kings - May 25, 2012
- Gilchrist dents Super Kings' playoff chances - May 17, 2012
- Battle of equals between Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals - Apr 20, 2012
- Gayle takes Royal Challengers to top of IPL table (Second Lead) - May 22, 2011
- Super Kings opt to field against Daredevils - May 12, 2012
Tags: albie, bets, bowling coach, case international, coach eric, csk, daredevils, eric simmons, ipl, league game, match, media interaction, morne, opponents, opposition, play offs, premier league, remaining games, rounder, teammates