Silva to stay at AC Milan: BerlusconiJune 15th, 2012 - 3:17 pm ICT by IANS
Rome, June 15 (IANS) AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has guaranteed he will not sell Brazilian international defender Thiago Silva to Paris Saint-Germain.
The French club reportedly offered 50 million euros for the 27-year-old but Berlusconi has blocked the move, according to an official statement on the club’s website Thursday, reported Xinhua.
“The president Silvio Berlusconi has decided: Thiago Silva will stay at Milan,” the statement said.
Paris Saint-Germain confirmed the deal would not go ahead on its twitter page.
“The club has taken the decision to withdraw from negotiations with Thiago Silva,” the message said.
Silva is currently spending time with his family in Rio de Janeiro after a series of international friendlies with Brazil.
Earlier in the week Italy striker and Silva’s Milan teammate Antonio Cassano publicly voiced his disapproval of the Brazilian’s transfer.
“Thiago Silva is irreplaceable. Without him we will lose 50 percent of the team. The club should forget about winning the Serie A or Champions League.”
- AC Milan seeks Kaka-Ibrahimovic swap - Jun 19, 2012
- Paris Saint-Germain signs Brazilian defender Silva - Jul 15, 2012
- Ibrahimovic, Silva sold to PSG, admits Berlusconi - Jul 13, 2012
- AC Milan confirm talks for sale of Brazil star Silva - Jun 13, 2012
- PSG eyes $85 mn-bid for Brazilian duo - Jun 03, 2012
- Corinthians chasing AC Milan striker Pato - Apr 25, 2012
- Brazil captain Silva ruled out - Sep 02, 2012
- Brazil captain Silva ruled out of friendlies - Sep 01, 2012
- Silva reveals pact with Ibrahimovic - Aug 15, 2012
- AC Milan confirm Cassano-Pazzini swap - Aug 23, 2012
- Swedish striker Ibrahimovic joins Paris Saint-Germain - Jul 18, 2012
- Neymar begs Ganso to stay at Santos - Jul 19, 2012
- Mourinho agrees to signing Sao Paulo playmaker - Apr 28, 2012
- Pato likely to stay with AC Milan - Jan 13, 2012
- Brazil's Dede on AC Milan radar - Jun 05, 2012
Tags: 50 million, ac milan, antonio cassano, brazil, champions league, disapproval, french club, international friendlies, italy, negotiations, paris saint germain, rio de janeiro, rome, silvio berlusconi, spending time, striker, teammate, thiago silva, xinhua