Sidney Crosby welcomed heartily for game against IslandersNovember 22nd, 2011 - 7:52 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Pittsburgh, Nov 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The NHL has welcomed back one of its favorite sons – Sidney Crosby. The Penguins’ star received standing ovation when he stepped on to the ice for the game against the Islanders.
Incredibly Crosby did not take a long time to let the fans realize why they missed him so much during his stay away from the game. He scored two goals and set up two others as the Penguins ran rout winning 5-0 in the game on Monday night.
Before the game, Crosby had been out of the game for almost a year because of concussion that he suffered at the beginning of the year. The performance of Crosby did not give any hint that the player had been away from the game for 320 days.
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said that, “You have a sense that is going to happen because it has happened on more than one occasion. Certainly, he showed another knack for coming up big when the spotlight is on.”
Crosby admitted that he did not know what was in store for him when he walked onto the pitch for the game as a sub. He told reporters that, “I can’t even describe it. I was excited. I was anxious.”
- NHL's Sidney Crosby has no set timeline to return - Sep 08, 2011
- Pittsburgh Penguins Signs Zbynek Michalek For $20 Million - Jul 02, 2010
- Pittsburgh Penguins Picks Beau Bennett In The First Round - Jun 26, 2010
- Peeping Tom Declan Crosbie sentenced for peeping into Olympic changing rooms - Aug 15, 2012
- Pittsburgh Steelers Wide Receiver Hines Ward Exits Game After Suffering Concussion - Nov 15, 2010
- Kobe Bryant is suffering from concussion - Feb 29, 2012
- Mike Rupp Leaves New York Devils To Sign A Two Year Contract With Pittsburgh Penguins - Jul 02, 2009
- NFL wouldn't levy any fines for Harbaugh, Schwartz - Oct 18, 2011
- Lost tape of greatest baseball game ever found in Bing Crosby's wine cellar - Sep 25, 2010
- Love at first sight for Russell Brand - May 26, 2010
- Severe Chest Pain Kills Bob Probert At 45 - Jul 06, 2010
- Yaroslavl ice hockey team wiped out in plane crash - Sep 08, 2011
- Fossil skeleton of prehistoric penguin reconstructed - Mar 01, 2012
- BCCI should rotate players to cut injuries: Akram - Aug 31, 2011
- Bear cub goes shopping in Pittsburg Mill center! - Jul 23, 2012