Sidelined Oz pacer Tait suffering from chronic hamstring tendonitisFebruary 20th, 2009 - 1:15 pm ICT by ANI
Adelaide, Feb.20 (ANI): The international future of sidelined Australian fast bowler Shaun Tait is in doubt again, as he is suffering from a chronic form of hamstring tendinitis.
According to Fox Sports, Tait has had his own blood injected into the affected area in an attempt to fasttrack the healing process.
The injury to Tait’’s left hamstring, which has destroyed his summer, is sabotaging his three-Test career.
Tait hasn”t played since taking 2-40 in Australia’’s two-wicket loss to New Zealand in the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy series opener in Perth, and medicos don”t know when he will return.
“Shaun has sustained a tendon injury to his left hamstring. Australian team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris and I have been working closely with Shaun on his rehabilitation program, which has included autologous blood injection treatment here in Adelaide. He is recuperating well but there is no specified date for his return to cricket,” Fox Sports quotyed ,” Redbacks physio John Porter, as saying.
Redbacks officials don”t expect Tait to return for South Australia’’s remaining Sheffield Shield games, against Western Australia and Tasmania, meaning he’’s in doubt to menace the Proteas. Tait must now fight to ensure he can front for Indian Premier League champions Rajasthan Royals in April and May. (ANI)
- Hauritz doubtful for England series, World Cup - Jan 22, 2011
- Tait retires from ODIs to focus on T20 career - Mar 28, 2011
- Oz pacer Harris undergoes revolutionary knee treatment to revive Ashes hopes - Oct 19, 2010
- Struggling Aussies call on Tait to halt relentless English ODI march - Jun 26, 2010
- Tait proves fitness, Ferguson added to Oz squad for ODIs against England - Feb 01, 2011
- Clarke to miss ODI against Sri Lanka - Feb 13, 2012
- Clarke to miss Sunday's clash against India - Feb 17, 2012
- Tait all praise for Rahul Dravid's mental toughness - Sep 17, 2011
- Encouraging report on Ponting's finger gives boost to Oz World Cup campaign - Jan 29, 2011
- Former Oz bowlers want CA rooting for Lee, Tait to be given a bowl - May 02, 2009
- Tait ready to give England some chin music in Twenty20s - Jan 11, 2011
- Bailey replaces Clarke for Sunday's ODI against India (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Hip injury to Steven Smith sours Australia's record chase - Feb 03, 2011
- Shaun Marsh considering to go under knife - Dec 15, 2011
- Ponting using Tait in short bursts the key to bowler's success - Mar 08, 2011
Tags: chappell hadlee trophy, fox sports, healing process, john porter, medicos, pacer, physio, premier league, proteas, redbacks, rehabilitation program, shaun tait, sheffield shield, south australia, team physiotherapist, tendon injury, test career, trophy series, western australia, wicket