Siddikur delights home crowd; Sujjan Singh finishes secondJanuary 29th, 2010 - 1:44 am ICT by IANS
Dhaka, Jan 29 (IANS) Bangladesh’s Mohd. Siddikur Rahman eased to a comprehensive seven-stroke win on the final day of the American Express Bangladesh Open 2010 at the Kurmitola Golf Club in Dhaka. The local favourite posted a 69 on Thursday to end up with a tournament total of 16 under 272. Sujjan Singh of India finished second at nine under 279.
Mohd Siddikur Rahman (72, 66, 65, 69), who registered his fourth win on the Aircel-PGTI on Thursday, began his round in spectacular fashion, chipping-in for birdie from the left side of the green on the first. Siddikur built on the good start with birdies on the third and seventh where he made a couple of crucial chip-putts. He then bogeyed the eighth and ninth as a result of missing some short putts.
Siddikur, however, held on to his advantage by putting up a solid effort on the back nine. He made seven pars on the back nine besides sinking birdies on the 11th and 18th. Two magnificent approach shots from over 100 yards that landed within four feet of the pin earned Rahman birdies on the 11th and 18th. Siddikur, thus took home the winner’s cheque worth Rs.3,23,300 (INR).
Sujjan Singh (72, 66, 72, 69) of Chandigarh came up with a fighting 69 to earn second place at nine under 279. Sujjan’s round included an eagle, five birdies and four bogeys. He chipped-in from just off the green for eagle on the 14th and sank a 25-footer for birdie on the second.
Sanjay Kumar of Lucknow carded a 72 to finish third at seven under 281. Bangladesh amateur Mohd Dulal Hossain and Australian Kunal Bhasin were tied fourth at six under 282. Dulal Hossain also won the trophy for the best amateur as he had the best score among all the amateurs.
- Bangladesh's Siddikur leads in Dhaka - Jan 26, 2010
- Rahman leads by six strokes at Dhaka - Jan 27, 2010
- Sanjay Kumar fires 66 to grab first round lead - Jan 25, 2010
- India complete double as Manav, Anisha win titles at Bangladesh Open golf - Feb 04, 2012
- Gaganjeet Bhullar hogs limelight at Bangladesh Golf - Jan 26, 2011
- Manav leads Bangladesh Amateurs; Indian team ahead - Feb 01, 2012
- Louis Phillippe Golf: Ahmedabad top leader board - Mar 08, 2012
- Kumar maintains lead at Hero Indian Open golf - Oct 14, 2011
- Jaini, Bhullar, Das chase Siddikur at Panasonic Open - Mar 30, 2012
- Bangalore's Joshi takes lead in All India Amateur golf - Feb 01, 2011
- Jeetesh and Jaini lead Indian charge at SAIL Open golf - Mar 24, 2011
- Ajeetesh, Jaini finish third and fourth at Sail Open golf - Mar 25, 2011
- Rahman forges into lead in Bangalore Open golf - Sep 03, 2009
- Sujjan Singh win his maiden title in Panchkula golf - Mar 07, 2010
- Bhullar bags eighth PGTI title - May 07, 2010
Tags: american express, approach shots, best score, bhasin, birdie, birdies, bogeys, four feet, fourth win, home crowd, hossain, inr, jan 29, kunal, lucknow, pars, pgti, sanjay kumar, spectacular fashion, worth rs