Siddhant sets new Indian record in 110m hurdlesJune 18th, 2012 - 8:44 pm ICT by IANS
Brussels (Belgium), June 18 (IANS) Siddhant Thingalaya, 21-year-old athlete from Mumbai, set an Indian record in 110m hurdles with a timing of 13.65 seconds at the Belgium Athletics National Championship here.
Siddhant fell short by five-hundredth of a second to meet Olympic qualification Sunday. However, he remains committed to his quest to become the first Indian hurdler to compete in the Olympic Games since 1964.
He made a great start in the final running with confidence and rhythm, but then disaster stuck. He felt sudden pain in the hamstring while approaching the ninth hurdle in the race due to which he almost limped to the finish line and finished in second place behind Adrien Deghelt of Belgium who clocked 13.64s.
Men 110m Hurdles —
1. Adrien Deghelt BEL 13.64
2. Siddhant Thingalaya IND 13.65 NR (national record)
3. Damien Broothaerts BEL 13.73s
- Liu Xiang equals men's 110m hurdles world record - Jun 03, 2012
- Olympics: Heartbreak for Liu and Idowu in Tuesday's qualification - Aug 07, 2012
- Rogge lauds athletes, says Olympics happy and glorious (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Star hurdler Liu Xiang wins Kawasaki meet - May 06, 2012
- Chinese juggernaut rolls on at Olympics (World Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Liu Xiang leads China's medal charge in London - Jul 09, 2012
- Another Nigerian sprinter fails dope test at CWG - Oct 12, 2010
- Liu dominates 110m hurdles, Powell takes 100m in Shanghai - May 20, 2012
- Bolt's peerless victory in Zagreb 100 metres - Sep 14, 2011
- Bolt, Blake to lead Caribbean challenge - Aug 22, 2012
- Olympic gold medallists' encore at Hungarian athletics meet - Aug 21, 2012
- Liu Xiang arrives in London, eying second Olympic gold medal - Jul 12, 2012
- Fraser-Pryce sends warning, Blake sizzles in New York - Jun 10, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Deserved triumph for Merritt on good night for US (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
- China's Liu Xiang will be ready for Olympics: Coach - Jul 15, 2012