Shoiab Malik contemplating legal action against first wife’s family for ‘fraud’ marriageApril 2nd, 2010 - 12:01 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Apr.2 (ANI): The controversy surrounding Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik’s marriage with tennis sensation Sania Mirza is getting bigger by the day, with the former skipper planning to go to court against an Indian girl, Ayesha Siddiqui, who has claimed to be his first wife.
Shoaib’s brother-in-law Imran Zafar Malik told a private television channel that they have hired a counsel in New Delhi to take legal action against the Hyderabad based Siddiqui family.
Imran agreed that Shoaib had got engaged to Ayesha, but the Siddiqui family had shown a photograph of another girl at the time of engagement.
“This fraud was the reason behind Shoaib breaking his engagement with Ayesha,” The News quoted Imran, as saying.
Meanwhile, breaking her silence over the controversy, Ayesha has claimed that she is still married to Shoaib and that their marriage was not a ‘fraud’.
Talking to a private television channel Ayesha, she has ‘proof’ of her marriage with the Pakistani all rounder would soon present it in front of the whole world. (ANI)
- Ayesha's family shows 'proof' of marriage with Shoaib (Lead) - Apr 03, 2010
- Shoaib Malik in Hyderabad to clear air - Apr 03, 2010
- Shoaib Malik's image will be tainted, feels Akram - Apr 04, 2010
- Sania family keeps mum on proposed marriage with Shoaib - Mar 29, 2010
- Shoaib signed nikahnama, reveals his lawyer (Lead) - Apr 03, 2010
- Now it's celebration time at Sania Mirza's house - Apr 08, 2010
- Shoaib may face cheating case ahead of marriage with Sania - Mar 31, 2010
- Sania Mirza to marry Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik (Lead) - Mar 30, 2010
- Sania-Shoaib wedding postponed (Second Lead) - Apr 09, 2010
- Love all? Deck clear for Shoaib-Sania after Ayesha gets divorce (Second Lead) - Apr 07, 2010
- Shoaib still in Sania's house, marriage may be advanced - Apr 04, 2010
- Ayesha files case, Shoaib needs permission to leave India (Intro Roundup) - Apr 05, 2010
- Marriage with Ayesha Shoaib's 'stupidity': Brother-in-law (Second Lead) - Apr 06, 2010
- Is Azharuddin witness to Shoaib, Ayesha staying in a hotel? - Apr 04, 2010
- Marriage with Ayesha not valid: Shoaib's brother-in-law (Lead) - Apr 06, 2010
Tags: brother, controversy, first wife, fraud, hyderabad, indian girl, marriage, New Delhi, pakistani cricketer, photograph, private television, proof, rounder, sania mirza, shoaib malik, siddiqui, silence, skipper, television channel, tennis sensation