Shoaib seeking 35 million rupees for media rights of ‘walima’ receptionApril 25th, 2010 - 11:56 am ICT by ANI
Lahore, Apr.25 (ANI): Pakistan cricketer Shoaib Malik wants to cash on his extensively reported wedding with Indian tennis sensation Sania Mirza, as he has reportedly demanded 35 million rupees for media rights of his ‘walima’ reception, which would be held today (April 25) in his hometown, Sialkot.
According to a private television channel, Shoaib is in consultation with two media houses for leasing out the rights of coverage of his reception ceremony, but a deal has not been struck so far.
Shoaib’s brother-in-law Imran Zafar had earlier said that the media would not be allowed to cover the function.
Since landing in Pakistan, Sania has been avoiding talking to the country’s media, as she is said to have a contract with an Indian television channel, sources said.
Meanwhile, over a dozen members of Sania’s family including her father Imran Mirza and sister Anum Mirza have arrived in Lahore to attend the star sports couple’s reception.
“We are extremely excited to be here in Lahore and I hope the functions are successful,” The Daily Times quoted Imran, as saying. (ANI)
- 'Walima' on Apr 25, reception on Apr 27 for 'just married' Shoaib-Sania - Apr 20, 2010
- Over 1200 guests expected to attend Shoaib-Sania 'walima' reception in Lahore - Apr 21, 2010
- Shoaib's family bowled over by "elevated" hospitality in India - Apr 18, 2010
- Sania's father, sister among 12 close relatives to attend receptions in Pakistan - Apr 23, 2010
- Gilani's son's punch spoilt Sania-Shoaib's 'walima' reception at Lahore - May 01, 2010
- No cricket stars at Sania-Shoaib reception - Apr 26, 2010
- Shoiab Malik contemplating legal action against first wife's family for 'fraud' marriage - Apr 02, 2010
- Newlyweds Shoaib-Sania arrive in Karachi - Apr 22, 2010
- Local court summons Shoaib Malik - Apr 26, 2010
- Chaos, mismanagement forces Shoania, family to flee 'walima' reception hall - Apr 28, 2010
- Sania Mirza, Shoaib Malik may tie the nuptial knot in April, says report - Mar 29, 2010
- Shoaib Malik in Hyderabad to clear air - Apr 03, 2010
- 1,000 guests and a single dish at Sania-Shoaib reception - Apr 28, 2010
- Shoaib signed nikahnama, reveals his lawyer (Lead) - Apr 03, 2010
- Shoaib's family get Indian visas to participate in 'star' couple's wedding - Apr 02, 2010
Tags: anum, brother, consultation, cricketer, dozen members, hometown, indian television, indian tennis, media houses, pakistan, private television, reception ceremony, rupees, s media, sania mirza, shoaib malik, star sports, television channel, tennis sensation