Shoaib Akhtar determined to make his mark in World CupFebruary 13th, 2011 - 8:07 pm ICT by ANI
Dhaka, Feb 13(ANI): Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar on Sunday said that he is determined to make an impression during the upcoming World Cup, which he says would be his last.
“I am still bowling 145-150 (kilometres per hour). I am touching it easily, so look, it’s my last World Cup and I am going to try to do well whatever it’s in my ability to do well,” Akhtar said.
“I am going to go out there to push it and I will push it to the limit and that’s how it is going to be,” he added.
The 35-year-old further said he would be aiming to bowl out the star names of each side.
“I like to get people out, the senior players and the very vital players and the very crucial players, send them off the field because they, single-handledly, can win matches,” Akhtar said.
“They are themselves a half of the team. So I think putting pressure on India or playing against any other side, by getting the right people out - I mean, everybody is precious, everybody is crucial, I think getting the right people out, right at the beginning, will put them under pressure, that’s what we like to do,” he added.
The two-month tournament to be hosted by India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh will begin from February 19. (ANI)
- Shoaib Akhtar to retire after World Cup 2011 - Mar 17, 2011
- Pakistan hurt but dangerous: Shoaib Akhtar - Feb 14, 2011
- Afridi says sorry to Pakistan, but praises team (Lead) - Mar 31, 2011
- Afridi should 'smell opposition's blood and go for the kill' in WC semi-final: Sohail - Mar 29, 2011
- Akhtar says 'fading' Oz World Cup team has lost 'its aura of invincibility' - Mar 19, 2011
- Half-fit Shoaib can win World Cup for Pakistan, says Intikhab - Feb 15, 2011
- Pakistan want Shoaib to play only if he is fit - Mar 29, 2011
- Afridi right man to lead Pakistan, says Akram - Feb 05, 2011
- Pak need to be very careful against Aussies in World Cup clash: Akram - Mar 19, 2011
- Haider questions Akhtar, Afridi's comments on Pak cricket - Oct 08, 2011
- Be aggressive as captain, ruthless as batsman, Kapil Dev tells Dhoni - Feb 07, 2011
- Akram backs Shoaib to play against India - Mar 26, 2011
- Afridi warns World Cup teams not to underestimate "hungry" Pak in tournament - Feb 12, 2011
- "Even a half fit Shoaib Akhtar can lift Pakistan to World Cup glory": Intikhab - Feb 15, 2011
- I have not dropped my pace, says Shoaib Akhtar - Dec 29, 2010