‘Shoaib, Afridi will play a major role in ODI series against India’November 14th, 2007 - 8:21 am ICT by admin
Hanif said both Pakistan and India were exciting teams and some close contests were expected in the ODI series.
He, however, warned that Pakistan would have to give their best under pressure if they are to win on Indian soil.
“Pakistan-India encounters are always high-pressure games and the side which can give its best under such circumstances always wins.”
Hanif advised Pakistan captain Shoaib Malik to remain calm during the series and marshal his troops with confidence and positive frame of mind.
“Malik is a new captain and obviously he would be under enormous pressure. I think he should try to remain as calm as he can and get the best out of his players in India,” the Dawn quoted Hanif, as saying. (ANI)
- Akhtar must get 'match-fit' if he wants to play for Pak: Afridi - Jan 31, 2011
- Pakistan want Shoaib to play only if he is fit - Mar 29, 2011
- Win in New Zealand will boost our confidence for World Cup: Afridi - Jan 18, 2011
- Intikhab lauds Razzaq's match-winning ton - Nov 02, 2010
- PCB most likely to retain Afridi as Pak captain for World Cup 2011 - Feb 01, 2011
- Malik axed from Pakistan's Asia Cup side; Jamshed, Sarfraz recalled - Mar 03, 2012
- No pressure on Pak team ahead of semi-final clash against India: Afridi - Mar 29, 2011
- Afridi "not worried" about losing Pakistan captaincy - Jan 19, 2011
- There's no pressure on team: Afridi - Mar 29, 2011
- 'India-Pakistan series bigger than Ashes' - Jul 17, 2012
- Shoaib Akhtar has "psychological edge" over Tendulkar: Hanif Mohammad - Mar 29, 2011
- Misbah should be Pak World Cup captain: Sikander Bakht - Jan 12, 2011
- I made error of judgement in World Cup semifinal: Afridi - Apr 11, 2011
- Reliance-ICC ODI rankings: Swann in third spot, Morgan is highest-ranked England ODI batsman - Sep 23, 2010
- Afridi's loss in NZ will be Misbah's gain in Pak WC captaincy issue: Aamir Sohail - Jan 27, 2011