Shilpa Shetty buys 11 percent shares in IPL team Rajasthan RoyalsFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 2:40 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
After Preity Zinta, Shah Rukh Khan and Juhi Chawla, Shilpa is the fourth Bollywood name to join the the Indian Premier League (IPL) bandwagon. The actress Shilpa Shetty and her boyfriend Raj Kundra bought an 11 per cent stake in Rajasthan Royals owers Emerging Media group for 75 crores Rupees and now the new brand ambassador for the champions of the inaugural edition, defending champions of the Twenty20 tournament.
Today, The Royals announced the sale of the minority stake in their franchise.
While Preity owns Kings XI Punjab with beau Ness Wadia, Shah Rukh and Juhi are the owners of Kolkata Kinght Riders.
- IPL drama not interesting enough for Bebo - Mar 16, 2009
- Who all own IPL teams - Apr 14, 2010
- Salman Khan interested in buying IPL team - Aug 26, 2009
- Sports time for B-Town stars - Apr 15, 2009
- Shah Rukh Khan to buy stake in I-League champions Dempo - Jun 01, 2012
- Dutt, Devgan also heading the IPL way - Aug 26, 2009
- Sahara pullout as BCCI sponsor overshadows IPL auction - Feb 04, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt was unsure about IPL bid - Sep 04, 2009
- Hero Honda buys Kings XI Punjab IPL team - Feb 10, 2010
- SRK eyes stake in I-League champions Dempo (Evening Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Shilpa joins IPL bandwagon, buys stake in Rajasthan Royals (Roundup) - Feb 03, 2009
- Shilpa and Kundra enter IPL, buy stake in Rajasthan Royals (Lead) - Feb 03, 2009
- Shilpa wants fair, balanced hearing on IPL fiasco - Oct 21, 2010
- Salman Khan 'interested' in buying new IPL team - Aug 26, 2009
- KKR wins IPL title, B-town cheers SRK - May 28, 2012
Tags: actress, ambassador, bandwagon, franchise, inaugural edition, ipl, juhi chawla, media group, minority stake, ness wadia, preity zinta, premier league, punjab, royals, rupees, shah rukh khan, shilpa shetty