Shillong celebrates India victoryMarch 31st, 2011 - 2:03 am ICT by IANS
Shillong, March 31 (IANS) Overjoyed cricket fans celebrated wildly here Wednesday after India stormed into the cricket World Cup final, beating Pakistan by 29 runs in a pulsating semifinal at Mohali.
Fans burst crackers and honking their car horns in joy.
Even though there was a slight drizzle at night, people came out on the streets to cheer the victory.
“It was a great victory for us and India showed great character…we performed very well,” said Conrad K. Sangma, president of the Meghalaya Cricket Association.
He joined the fans in wishing the Indian team all the best for the final clash against Sri Lanka at Mumbai Saturday.
- India unites to celebrate victory over Pakistan (Roundup) - Mar 31, 2011
- Shillong erupts in celebration after choir group wins TV show (Lead) - Oct 03, 2010
- Karnataka celebrates after India defeats Pakistan - Mar 31, 2011
- Sangma's son congratulates Pranab - Jul 22, 2012
- Team India should tour country: Mukul Sangma - Apr 03, 2011
- Wildly happy India cheers night that was - Mar 31, 2011
- Pakistanis pray for great game of cricket - Mar 28, 2011
- Big B wishes Team India all the best for final - Mar 31, 2011
- Diwali like fireworks light up Mohali sky - Mar 31, 2011
- Sharad Pawar dissolves Meghalaya NCP unit - Aug 25, 2012
- It's cricket watching time in Shillong too - Mar 30, 2011
- Chandigarh euphoric over World Cup win - Apr 03, 2011
- Jackson doctor found guilty; fans, family cheer verdict - Nov 08, 2011
- Sangma's exit will not impact Meghalaya unit: NCP - Jun 20, 2012
- Indians in US exult as India wins World Cup - Apr 03, 2011