Shehzad guides Pakistan to rare ODI series win in New ZealandFebruary 3rd, 2011 - 7:04 pm ICT by ANI
Hamilton, Feb 3(ANI): Pakistan opening batsman Ahmed Shehzad’s maiden century inspired the visitors to a 41-run win over New Zealand in the fifth ODI played in Hamilton on Thursday.
Pakistan now has an unassailable lead of 3-1 in the six-match series with a game to spare.
Shehzad scored 115 off 109 balls, as Pakistan posted 268-9 after being sent into bat at Seddon Park.
Kyle Mills and Jacob Oram were the pick of the New Zealand bowlers, taking 2-42 and 2-49 respectively.
The Black Caps’ reply got off to a solid start as opening batsman Martin Guptill scored 65 off 70 balls, while stand-in captain Ross Taylor also chipped in with 69 in the middle of the innings, Sky Sports reports.
However, Pakistan kept their bowling tight and fast bowler Wahab Riaz claimed 3-51 to help bowl New Zealand out for 227 in 46.5 overs.
It is Pakistan’s first series win since November 2008.
The last match of the series will be played in Auckland on Saturday. (ANI)
- Southee hat-trick helps Black Caps beat Pakistan in opening T20 - Dec 26, 2010
- Pakistan routs 'self-destructing' Kiwis by 10 wickets to win Hamilton Test - Jan 09, 2011
- Misbah praises Pak bowlers for crushing New Zealand in first Test - Jan 09, 2011
- New Zealand elect to bat against Pakistan - Mar 08, 2011
- Zardari, Gilani felicitate Pak cricket team for series victory against New Zealand - Feb 04, 2011
- Pakistan beats New Zealand in Christchurch ODI to level series 1-1 - Jan 29, 2011
- Pakistan on top after day one of Hamilton Test against Kiwis - Jan 07, 2011
- Southee's fiver helps Black Caps thrash Pakistan in Wellington ODI - Jan 22, 2011
- Black Caps pick uncapped Woodcock in World Cup squad - Jan 19, 2011
- World Cup teams: Strengths and key players - Feb 18, 2011
- (VM) India record maiden World Cup semifinal victory at home (Statistical highlights) - Mar 31, 2011
- Umar Gul hopes Pak will whitewash Test series against New Zealand - Jan 14, 2011
- Taylor, Oram plunder Pakistan (Lead) - Mar 08, 2011
- Kiwi-Pak Test series just an entree for one-dayers - Jan 06, 2011
- Pakistan beat Kiwis by 10 wickets in Hamilton Test - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: ahmed, auckland, balls, black caps, bowlers, bowling, captain ross, fifth odi, guptill, jacob oram, kyle mills, last match, odi series, pakistan, reply, riaz, ross taylor, seddon park, sky sports, sports reports