Shebby Singh appointed Blackburn’s football directorJune 19th, 2012 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 19 (IANS) Former Malaysian defender and football pundit Shebby Singh has been appointed director of football by English club Blackburn Rovers.
Blackburn’s Indian owners Venky’s decided to appoint Singh Tuesday. The Malaysian of Indian origin made his name while appearing as a football pundit for ESPN in their coverage of the English Premier League.
One of Singh’s tasks will be to act as a go-between for the Venky’s and manager Steve Kean, although the manager’s future remains uncertain after relegation from the league, Daily Mail reported.
Blackburn fans criticised Venky’s management style with mass demonstrations inside and outside the stadium, and it remains to be seen whether the one-time Premier League champions will be able to fight their way back into the top flight.
- Indian presence in English Premier League doubles - May 23, 2011
- EPL side Blackburn Rovers arrive in Pune - Oct 05, 2011
- Under-fire Kean gets owners backing - Oct 08, 2011
- Blackburn Rovers to play Pune FC in exhibition match - Jul 13, 2011
- Premier League clubs want me: Maradona - Jan 11, 2011
- Blackburn Rovers postpone India trip following Mumbai blasts - Jul 20, 2011
- Indian firm Venkys says it is set to acquire Blackburn Rovers - Oct 28, 2010
- Blackburn Rovers to continue with 'flop' manager Steve Kean - Mar 08, 2011
- Indian company Venky's to buy Blakburn Rovers - Oct 26, 2010
- West Ham United eyeing Allardyce as a replacement for manager Grant - Jan 10, 2011
- Venky's sack Blackburn Rovers' manager Sam Allardyce - Dec 15, 2010
- Rovers defeat Pune FC 3-0 in exhibition match - Oct 07, 2011
- Pune FC-Blackburn Rovers clash set for Oct 7 - Sep 26, 2011
- '10-hour monthly flights to India' come as a surprise to Blackburn Rovers' new manager - Jan 17, 2011
- Venkys to sponsor Mumbai Fighters - Nov 11, 2011
Tags: blackburn rovers, daily mail, director of football, english premier league, espn, football director, indian origin, league champions, london, management style, mass demonstrations, relegation, shebby singh, steve kean, top flight, venky