Sharmila, Vani set for another face-offAugust 27th, 2012 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Aug 27 (IANS) Sharmila Nicollet and Vani Kapoor are head-to-head for the second consecutive week as they tee off in the second event of the Hero-WGAI Women’s Pro Tour at the Clover Greens here Tuesday.
Sharmila, who won the first round of the tour at the KGA course here last week and also plays on the Ladies European Tour, has been paired with Priya Puri and Neha Tripathi.
Vani Kapoor, the new face in Indian women’s pro golf, will also be full of enthusiasm after a great start in her debut event. The 18-year-old Vani, led by four shots into the final round before a stunning comeback by Sharmila and it took a play-off to separate the two.
Sharmila said: “I was very pleased with me game in the final round. It was a bogey-free round and I putted well. My coach Tarun (Sardesai) was with me on the bag and he made me read the putts and that helped a lot.”
Vani on the other hand was happy with her debut and said: “It would have been nice to start with a win, but Sharmila was superb on the final day. Anyway I am still on the learning curve and it was good start. I need to build on it.”
Smriti Mehra, the first Indian women’s pro to make a mark on the world circuit, is also back and will play alongside Mita Gowande and amateur Ankita Kedalya.
The event carries a purse of Rs. 5 lakhs and is the second in the schedule of the Tour which has 12 events.
- Smriti fires 66 to win golf title - Aug 30, 2012
- Vani tops leaderboard - Sep 07, 2012
- Debutant Vani snatches lead in Hero Women's golf - Aug 23, 2012
- Golf: Sharmila ahead by two strokes - Aug 22, 2012
- Vani Kapoor leads by three strokes - Sep 04, 2012
- Vani takes four-stroke lead in women's golf - Sep 05, 2012
- Smriti holds slender lead over Nalini - Sep 20, 2012
- Nalini Singh starts well, takes three-shot lead over Smriti - Sep 19, 2012
- Five Indian women at European Tour qualifiers - Jan 07, 2012
- Sharmila wins title for second week running - Aug 12, 2010
- Sharmila finishes 37th in Morocco - Mar 26, 2012
- Sharmila Nicollet shoots even par 71, makes cut in Morocco - Mar 24, 2012
- Sharmila becomes youngest Indian golfer to qualify for European Tour - Jan 20, 2012
- Ladies European Golf: India's Sharmila shares lead - Jan 16, 2012
- India's Sharmila one round away from Ladies European Tour card - Jan 19, 2012
Tags: ankita, bangalore, bogey, clover, coach, debut, face off, greens, hero, indian women, ladies european tour, lakhs, learning curve, new face, pro golf, puri, purse, putts, second consecutive week, stunning comeback