Sharmila Nicollet shoots even par 71, makes cut in MoroccoMarch 24th, 2012 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
Agadir (Morocco), March 24 (IANS) India’s Sharmila Nicollet made her first cut of the season on the Ladies European Tour as she carded a second round 71 after a tough 75 in first round at the Lalla Meryem Cup here Saturday.
Nicollet, who shot 75 on the first day scored an even par 71 to make the cut and moved up from first round 84th place to tied 59th after second round. The third and final round will be played later Saturday evening. The cut came at four-over and 69 players made it.
Sharmila, who played her second round Saturday after play was cut short Friday, started from 10th and had a bogey on par-3 12th. She got that shot back with a birdie on 17th but then had a bogey on first and birdie on second. The birdie on eighth gave her breathing space and despite a bogey on par-3 ninth, her last hole of the round, she made the cut.
“It is indeed a relief to make a cut, because I was disappointed at missing out in New Zealand, where also I played in bad weather,” said Nicollet.
Norway’s Marianne Skarpnord stayed in front after the second round was completed in better weather Saturday morning. She was a stroke ahead of Jade Schaeffer while English rookie Eleanor Givens continued to impress on her professional debut by signing off the second round with a four under 67.
- Sharmila finishes 37th in Morocco - Mar 26, 2012
- Smriti, Rhea and Sharmila start well at European golf pre-qualifiers - Jan 09, 2012
- Ladies European Golf: India's Sharmila shares lead - Jan 16, 2012
- Smriti fires 66 to win golf title - Aug 30, 2012
- Golf: Sharmila ahead by two strokes - Aug 22, 2012
- Sharmila maintains lead at Hero women's professional golf - Aug 24, 2011
- Ladies European Golf: Sharmila tied 2nd, one behind leader - Jan 17, 2012
- Debutant Vani snatches lead in Hero Women's golf - Aug 23, 2012
- India's Sharmila one round away from Ladies European Tour card - Jan 19, 2012
- Hedwall wins Women's Indian Open golf, Sharmila top Indian - Dec 11, 2011
- Sharmila stays in hunt for Ladies European Tour card - Jan 18, 2012
- Sharmila becomes youngest Indian golfer to qualify for European Tour - Jan 20, 2012
- Nalini Singh starts well, takes three-shot lead over Smriti - Sep 19, 2012
- Sharmila Nicollet qualifies for Ladies European Tour final stage - Jan 12, 2012
- Vani takes four-stroke lead in women's golf - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: agadir morocco, bad weather, birdie, bogey, breathing space, eleanor, India, ladies european tour, lalla meryem, marianne, new zealand, norway, professional debut, saturday evening, saturday morning, schaeffer, short friday, stroke