Sharapovas shorts leave her skirt fans devastated!June 24th, 2008 - 2:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 24 (ANI): Tennis superstar Maria Sharapovas plans of swapping her frills with mens shorts at this years Wimbledon have come as a shock to her male admirers.
Tennis fans are feeling let down by the 21-year-old tennis sensations new Wimbledon look.
Fans at the tournament yesterday said that they felt cheated of the chance to get thrilling glimpses of Sharapovas shapely charms and believe they are getting shorts shrift.
I come here for the tennis but theres no denying its a bonus to watch some of the women players running around in short skirts, The Sun quoted Roofer Steve Johnson, 35, of Earlsfield, South London, as saying.
Sharapovas a great player but I feel shes letting down blokes in the crowd by opting to wear shorts, he added.
Banker Arthur Vanderbilt, 55, of Virginia Water, Surrey has similar views.
He said: Why hide your legs away in mens shorts if youve got a great pair of pins?
And visiting Britains Got Talent judge Amanda Holden taking part in a sponsors knockabout game said: Women might play like men but they should dress like ladies.
The world No2 is set to debut her new look with shorts and sleeveless top along with a pair of 2,500 pounds Tiffany earrings set in platinum.
Sharapovas shorts will not be the only dodgy design on show at Wimbledon.
Serena Williams was seen warming up for her match against Estonias Kaia Kanepi in a belted Raincoat even though it was sunny.
Reigning mens tennis player Roger Federer turned up on Centre Court looking like a granddad with a 1920s-style cardigan with gold trim.
We thought about something nice, like a cardigan, a jumper. The result is nice as well. And its a little bit easier to wear than a jacket, to be honest, said Federer. (ANI)
- Maria Sharapova loves menswear - Jun 26, 2008
- Zvonareva withdraws from US Open - Aug 22, 2012
- Kuznetsova to miss US Open for 'recovery' - Aug 21, 2012
- Sharapova admits breaking up with boyfriend - Sep 01, 2012
- I feared I was pregnant: Sharapova - Aug 28, 2012
- China's tennis team faces uphill task at London Olympics - Jul 09, 2012
- Zvonareva confirmed for London Olympics - Jun 22, 2012
- Sharapova wins French Open, completes career Grand Slam (Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Sharapova to cut her hair only on retiring - Jun 09, 2012
- Federer throttles Mathieu to enter second week of US Open - Sep 05, 2010
- China Open: Wozniacki, Zvonareva move ahead; Stosur eliminated - Oct 04, 2011
- Putin congratulates Sharapova on French Open victory - Jun 10, 2012
- Nadal, Li advance to 4th round at French Open - Jun 03, 2012
- After French win, Sharapova eyes Wimbledon - Jun 24, 2012
- Sharapova enthusiastic about dream Olympic debut - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: amanda holden, arthur vanderbilt, blokes, cardigan, glimpses, granddad, kaia kanepi, male admirers, roger federer, roofer, serena williams, short skirts, shrift, south london, tennis fans, tennis player, tennis superstar, virginia water, wimbledon, women players