Sharapovas hitched-up shorts enough to draw wolf-whistles from fans!June 25th, 2008 - 1:59 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 25 (ANI): Maria Sharapovas tuxedo look is not so manly after all the tennis superstar won wolf-whistles from the crowd after hitching up one side of her shorts and flashing a glimpse of her thigh at her first Wimbledon match.
The 21 year old cruised into the second round beating Frances Stephanie Foretz 6-1, 6-4 in her first match on Tuesday.
World No 2 Sharapova thrilled her male admirers with the new look, who had earlier branded it too manly, after Nike had released advance photos of the outfit.
Its the tuxedo look, very inspired by menswear, The Sun quoted Sharapova as saying.
This year and every time at Wimbledon I want to do something classy.
Ive loved fashion since I was very young.
Ive never worn shorts at Wimbledon before and this was the time to do it, she added. (ANI)
- Maria Sharapova loves menswear - Jun 26, 2008
- US Open: Wimbledon champion Kvitova falls at first hurdle - Aug 30, 2011
- Sania-Bethanie enter third round at Wimbledon - Jun 29, 2012
- Australian Open: Sharapova to meet Kvitova in semis - Jan 25, 2012
- Sharapova admits breaking up with boyfriend - Sep 01, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Sharapova saunters past Peer - Jul 30, 2012
- Sharapova wins French Open, completes career Grand Slam (Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Reports on Istanbul wedding false: Sharapova - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympics: Sharapova sweats to oust Robson in round 2 - Aug 01, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Sharapova in women's singles final - Aug 04, 2012
- Sania-Bethanie reach second round at Wimbledon - Jun 27, 2012
- Wimbledon: Sharapova knocked out; Williams survives scare (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Win at French Open shows ny determination: Sharapova - Jun 10, 2012
- Kvitova overpowers Sharapova to win 2001 Wimbledon title - Jul 02, 2011
- Wolf-whistling is now illegal under new European Union law - Mar 08, 2012