Shannon Brown Steals The Show With His Crazy DunksJune 16th, 2010 - 11:06 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
June 16, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Game 6 of the NBA Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics saw Boston Celtics crumbling under pressure and give up the 3-2 lead in the series.
The game belonged to Kobe Bryant and his team who maintained a healthy lead throughout the match. Shannon Brown made some crazy dunks in the final half to rule out any chances of a Boston Celtic comeback.
Kobe Bryant led the charge with a total of 26 points and 11 rebounds followed closely by Pau Gasol with 17 points, 13 rebounds and 9 assists. The show stealer was however the rising star Shannon Brown who broke the backs of the already struggling Boston Celtics with his dunks. The Los Angeles Lakers dominated the game from the very onset with a lead of 10 at the end of the first quarter. By half time the lead became an almost unassailable 20 points.
The Boston Celtics also received a setback early on in the game with the knee injury of Kendrick Perkins. Kendrick Perkins who is known for his defending abilities was missed by the Boston Celtic fans as Pau Gasol penetrated the defense again and again. The final score read 67-89 in favor of the Los Angeles Lakers and now they can look forward to Game 7 with a winning momentum.
Shannon Brown has been known for his extraordinary leaping dunks in the game. As guard for the Los Angeles Lakers’ side Shannon Brown proved his worth with the crazy alley loop and enormous dunk in the third quarter. He is said to possess one of the highest vertical leaps in the game today.
- Los Angeles Lakers Crush Boston Celtics In Game 6 - Jun 16, 2010
- Pau Gasol Steals The Show In NBA Finals Game 7 - Jun 18, 2010
- Shannon Brown Stars In Los Angeles Lakers Win - Oct 27, 2010
- Houston Rockets Loses To LA Lakers In NBA Opening Day - Oct 27, 2010
- Olympic basketball: Spain storms into final (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Los Angeles Lakers Get Sweet Revenge On Old Rivals - Jun 18, 2010
- Olympic basketball: Spain storms into final - Aug 11, 2012
- Bryant overtakes Jordan to lead NBA All-Star score - Feb 27, 2012
- Olympic basketball: Spain, US set up rematch of Beijing final (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Pau Gasol Saves Los Angeles Lakers - May 01, 2010
- James, Bryant named Players of the Week - Jan 10, 2012
- Ring Ceremony Before Houston Rockets - Los Angeles Lakers Clash - Oct 27, 2010
- Jerry West Speaks On Kobe Bryant And The Celtics - Jun 04, 2010
- Lakers rip Rockets in NBA Game Seven - May 18, 2009
- Kobe Bryant is suffering from concussion - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: boston celtic, boston celtics, celtic comeback, celtic fans, final score, game 7, kar, kendrick perkins, knee injury, kobe bryant, los angeles lakers, match, meena, nba finals, pau gasol, rebounds, rising star, setback, shannon brown, vertical leaps