Shah’s ton puts Saurashtra on topAugust 27th, 2012 - 9:14 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 27 (IANS) Skipper Jaydev Shah slammed a century (115) to put Saurashtra on top as they scored 397 for nine in their allotted 90 overs against Kerala in the quarter-final of Buchi Babu trophy All-India cricket tournament here Monday.
Shah and Rahul Dave (80) added 151 runs in 32.5 overs for the fourth wicket as Kerala bowlers toiled. Also contributing to Saurashtra’s cause was Arpit Vasvada who made 77.
Karnataka did well to restrict TNCA President’s XI to 233. Seamer Abhimanyu Mithun and left-arm spinner KP. Appanna took three wickets each.
For the home team, middle-order batsman K. Shrivasudevadas (98) was the top scorer while opener Murali Vijay scored 51.
Baroda piled up 339 against Maharashtra as opener Aditya Waghmode (90), Yusuf Pathan (81) and Pinal Shah (80) struck half-centuries while left-arm spinner Satyajit Cacchay took five for 82.
Half-centuries by Kaushtub Pawar (63) and Siddesh Lad (51) propped up Mumbai’s innings to 257 against Odisha, for whom left-arm spinner Paresh Patel claimed four wickets while skipper and seamer Biplab Samantray took three.
Brief scores (all quarter-finals):
Mumbai 257 in 89.5 overs (Kausthub Pawar 63, Siddhesh Lad 51, Gaurav Jathar 35, Paresh Patel 4 for 95, Biplab Samantray 3 for 43) vs Odisha.
Baroda 339 in 87.3 overs (Dhiren Mistry 41, Aditya Waghmode 90, Yusuf Pathan 81, Pinal Shah 80, Satyajit Bacchav 5 for 82, Srikant Mundhe 2 for 70, Chirag Khurana 2 for 90) vs Maharashtra.
TNCA President’s XI 233 in 89.5 overs (Murali Vijay 51, K Shrivasudevadas 98, Abhimanyu Mithun 3 for 29, KP Appanna 3 for 71, R Vinay Kumar 2 for 29, Rajoo Bhatkal 2 for 36) vs Karnataka.
Saurashtra 397 for 9 in 90 overs (Sagar Jogiyani 31, Jaydev Shah 115, Rahul Dave 80, Arpit Vasavada, Sachin Baby 3 for 64, S Anish 2 for 74) vs Kerala.
- Karnataka in dire strait in Buchi Babu - Aug 21, 2012
- Kerala edge out Saurashtra in Buchi Babu cricket - Aug 28, 2012
- Kerala upstage Saurashtra in Buchi Babu cricket (Lead, correcting intro) - Aug 28, 2012
- Buchi Babu cricket: Karnataka, Baroda make merry - Aug 20, 2011
- Narrow win for Karnataka - Aug 22, 2012
- 18 wickets crash in Railways-Saurashtra Ranji match - Dec 21, 2011
- Ranji Trophy: Mumbai begin with a big win over Railways - Nov 06, 2011
- Ranji Trophy: Raina cracks unbeaten double century; Harbhajan goes wicketless - Nov 05, 2011
- Ranji Trophy: Delhi take slender lead against MP - Dec 07, 2011
- Buchi Babu cricket: Jadeja claims 8 as batsmen make merry - Aug 23, 2011
- Ranji Trophy: Railways win by over innings against UP - Dec 08, 2011
- Double century by Niraj Patel; tons by Tanmay, Mukund, Rayudu - Nov 11, 2011
- Mumbai through to last 8 in Buchi Babu Trophy - Aug 26, 2012
- Ranji Trophy: Mukund's double ton takes Tamil Nadu to 693/8 - Dec 14, 2011
- Chauhan, Jadav slam centuries - Aug 18, 2012
Tags: anish, baroda, bhatkal, bowlers, cricket tournament, four wickets, india cricket, khurana, left arm, maharashtra, mithun, paresh patel, pawar, quarter finals, rahul dave, sachin, seamer, top scorer, vinay kumar, yusuf pathan