Sexual harassment charge: Teammates to be quizzedJuly 22nd, 2010 - 11:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 22 (IANS) The Hockey India committee looking into allegations of sexual harrasment against former women’s hockey team coach M.K Kaushik will also talk to some of the players who have supported their teammate who levelled the charges.
Kaushik, who resigned as the national women’s hockey coach after charges of sexual harassment were levelled against him by Ranjitha Devi, filed his reply to the committee Thursday.
Ranjitha, who has the support of 30 of her fellow-players, has also made a written sumbmission to the commitee.
“They have submitted their reply. The commitee will meet tomorrow and go through it,” Rajeev Mehta, chairman of the committee, informed IANS.
The only female member of the committee, Sudarshan Pathak told IANS that it is a “serious” issue and the committee need to take everyone’s viewpoint before finalising their report.
“We are dealing with a serious issue here. We should talk to other players who have supported the girl. We have to carefully examine all the facts before taking any decision in the matter. We cannot rush with things,” Pathak told IANS.
The committee, comprising Mehta, Olympians Ajit Pal Singh and Zafar Iqbal and Pathak, met both Kaushik and Ranjitha Wednesday afternoon to record their versions.
The committee was supposed to send its findings to the Sports Authority of India (SAI) Friday, but it can take longer.
Asked whether they will send their report to SAI Friday, Mehta said: “We will try to send it tomorrow. We also need to talk to some of the girls, who have supported the player, and is not touring with the team.”
Nineteen of the 31 players who supported Ranjitha, are touring Korea for the Asian Champions Trophy July 27-31.
- Probe panel submits report to Hockey India - Jul 23, 2010
- Panel submits report to HI on sexual harrasement charges (Lead) - Jul 23, 2010
- Zafar finds hockey player's allegations weak - Jul 21, 2010
- Gill promises impartial justice to women hockey players - Jul 26, 2010
- Hockey India submits probe report to government, police (Lead) - Jul 24, 2010
- Hockey India handled sexual harassment case in childish manner: Pargat - Jul 26, 2010
- Kaushik raises doubts over Hockey India probe - Jul 26, 2010
- Kaushik quits as women's hockey coach - Jul 21, 2010
- HI not to avail Kaushik's services in future - Jul 24, 2010
- Sports ministry sets up committee to probe sexual harassment case - Jul 26, 2010
- Indian Hockey coach smells conspiracy in sexual misconduct allegations - Jul 21, 2010
- Gill for CBI probe of sex scandal in women's hockey - Jul 22, 2010
- Sports ministry sets-up committee to probe sexual harassment charges - Aug 05, 2010
- Hurt Kaushik vows not to come back as women's coach (Lead) - Jul 21, 2010
- Ex-goalie Negi ready to coach India's women's hockey team - Jul 22, 2010
Tags: ajit, champions trophy, commitee, committee need, fellow players, female member, harassment charge, hockey coach, kaushik, mehta, national women, olympians, pathak, sexual harassment, sexual harrasment, sports authority, sudarshan, team coach, wednesday afternoon, zafar iqbal