Sevilla unveil goalkeeper Diego LopezMay 28th, 2012 - 8:35 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, May 28 (IANS) Sevilla presented former Villarreal goalkeeper Diego Lopez as a new signing for the 2012-2013 season Monday.
Lopez is one of the first players to leave Villarreal following the club’s shock relegation from the Spanish Primera Liga at the end of last season.
The 30-year-old leaves the club after five seasons. Lopez signed with Sevilla until 2017 and will compete for a first team squad with Javi Varas, who was first choice for much of the recent campaign, where Sevilla disappointed by missing out on a place in the top six and failing to qualify for Europe, reported Xinhua.
The club has maintained its faith in Michel Gonzalez as coach and he has been given the task of ensuring that next season Sevilla is again challenging for a place in Europe.
Meanwhile Sevilla have also signed Cordoba midfielder Javi Hervas, but he will not be presented as Cordoba is currently still playing matches and has a chance of participating in the end of season play-offs to win promotion to the Primera Liga.
- Caparros commits to another season with Mallorca - May 20, 2012
- Real Madrid look to comeback after El Classico defeat - Dec 12, 2011
- Villarreal's Champions League opener is must win game - Sep 13, 2011
- Liga's penultimate round about survival and qualifying - May 04, 2012
- Barcelona beat Sporting Gijon to top Spanish League - Oct 03, 2011
- Sevilla sack coach Marcelino - Feb 07, 2012
- Zaragoza extends contract with coach Manolo Jimenez - Jun 05, 2012
- Barcelona look to close gap with Madrid - Mar 15, 2012
- Deportivo return to Spanish top flight - May 28, 2012
- Villarreal sack coach Garrido after Cup humiliation - Dec 22, 2011
- Villarreal sacks coach Molina - Mar 19, 2012
- Villarreal name Lotina as new coach - Mar 20, 2012
- Real Madrid aim to keep the goals flowing - Oct 25, 2011
- Sevilla president hits out at players - Mar 14, 2012
- Michel Gonzalez new coach of struggling Zargoza - Dec 31, 2011