Sesa FA bow out of Durand CupAugust 31st, 2012 - 5:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 31 (IANS) Sesa FA lost to Air India 5-6 on penalties in the Durand Cup football semifinal here at the Ambedkar Stadium Friday.
Air India had pushed the match to extra time with a goal in the last minute of the game. The match finished 2-2 after extra time.
Sunny Singh and Chikwudi Chukwuma scored in the first half to give Sesa a 2-0 lead before the break. Air India came back strongly in the second half to push the game to extra-time and penalties.
This was Sesa FA’s debut at the 125th Durand Cup.
- Sesa Goa in Durand Cup - Aug 27, 2012
- JCT knocks out defending champions Churchill, enter final - Nov 03, 2010
- Silva's hat-trick in Chirag United 5-0 win over IAF - Nov 02, 2010
- Unprecedented scenes as India lift Nehru Cup - Sep 03, 2012
- Tolgay star of East Bengal win, JCT oust Sporting - Oct 30, 2010
- FIFA chief Blatter calls for alternative to penalty shootouts - May 25, 2012
- Women's hockey Olympic qualifier: Italy finish third - Feb 26, 2012
- Durand Cup: Churchill start title defence with a win - Oct 27, 2010
- Hockey: Karnataka play Punjab, Jharkhand face Harayana in semis (Roundup) - Jun 17, 2011
- Durand Cup: Dempo skip; East Bengal, Chirag will play - Oct 22, 2010
- Felipe brace sends Vasco da Gama into Rio Cup final - Apr 23, 2012
- Dodsal FC enters Durand Cup final - Aug 31, 2012
- Chirag United down East Bengal to enter final - Nov 04, 2010
- CWG men's hockey: South Africa pip Pakistan to finish fifth - Oct 12, 2010
- East Bengal's 17-match-winning streak is fantastic, says coach - Oct 30, 2010