Serena Williams talks about ’scariest moment of her life’March 10th, 2011 - 5:36 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, March 10 (ANI): Tennis star Serena Williams, who underwent an emergency surgery to remove a blood clot in her lung, has described the experience as “the scariest moment in my life”.
However, the former world No.1 said she did not think the health crisis would hurt her game.
“Luckily enough, I was able to catch it soon enough that my career won’t be affected,” Perth Now quoted Williams as telling NBC television’s “Today Show” program.
“I love tennis and now more than anything I have so much to look forward to just playing,” she said, adding the crisis was “the scariest moment in my life”.
“I really just want to come back and do well,” she added.
Williams suffered a pulmonary embolism in late February, which required her to undergo an emergency operation at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles last week.
The 13-time Grand Slam singles champion is now recovering from the surgery.
“My lungs are fairly healthy and I’m just on the road to recovery,” she said. (ANI)
- I'm doing better, at home now: Serena Williams - Mar 03, 2011
- Serena Williams goes see-through on post surgery return to spotlight - Mar 17, 2011
- Williams sisters confirm participation in Australian Open - Dec 23, 2011
- Serena Williams' stalker arrested outside her Florida estate - May 04, 2011
- Kourtney finds water birth 'brutally painful' - Jun 29, 2012
- It's a girl for Kourtney Kardashian! - Jul 09, 2012
- Azarenka takes tennis bronze for Belarus - Aug 04, 2012
- Serena Williams gets cast off her foot after 7 months - Feb 28, 2011
- Serena Williams wins 6-0, 6-0 in the US Open 4th round - Sep 04, 2012
- Bobbi Kristina to see Whitney's body Saturday - Feb 17, 2012
- Serena Williams launches debut rap song - May 12, 2012
- Sitting for long periods can cause heart problem - Jul 05, 2011
- Berry takes daughter to her film set - Jul 21, 2012
- Elizabeth Taylor on road to recovery - Feb 16, 2011
- Serena Williams wins fifth Wimbledon singles title - Jul 07, 2012
Tags: blood clot, cedars sinai medical, cedars sinai medical center, champion, emergency operation, emergency surgery, game, grand slam, health crisis, lungs, melbourne march, nbc, nbc television, perth, pulmonary embolism, serena williams, sinai medical center, tennis star, today show