Serena Williams gets cast off her foot after 7 monthsFebruary 28th, 2011 - 6:21 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Feb 28 (ANI): Tennis champ Serena Williams, who had surgery after cutting her foot on broken glass following her win at Wimbledon last July, has finally removed the cast off her foot.
The former world No. 1 said she would start training right away, and hopes to be back in her trademark high heels in two weeks.
“I finally had the cast taken off a few days ago. I have been wearing it for so many months, so I am so happy,” the New York Post quoted Williams as saying at the WME pre-Oscar party in Brentwood.
“My foot feels good and I’m starting to train right away, and I intend to be back for the French Open [in May]. And I have so missed wearing heels, I can’t wait to get them back on!” she added.
Asked if wearing the cast for seven months long had left her frustrated.
“I just try to stay positive,” said Williams. (ANI)
- Serena Williams pulls from US Open with foot injury - Aug 21, 2010
- Foot injury stops Serena Williams in her tennis tracks till April 2011 - Dec 16, 2010
- Injured Serena Williams decorates cast with Swarovski crystals! - Dec 07, 2010
- Williams survives scare to beat Shvedova - Jul 02, 2012
- Serena Williams loves wearing high heels - Aug 26, 2010
- Injured Serena Williams pulls out of US Open - Aug 21, 2010
- Good to be back at Flushing Meadows: Williams' father - Aug 31, 2010
- Azarenka takes tennis bronze for Belarus - Aug 04, 2012
- Wimbledon: Sharapova knocked out; Williams survives scare (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Serena Williams, The Premier Female Tennis Player, Withdraws from The Imminent U.S. Open - Aug 21, 2010
- Serena Williams wins 6-0, 6-0 in the US Open 4th round - Sep 04, 2012
- China's Zheng tags herself 'lightweight tennis champion' - Jul 01, 2012
- Williams sisters confirm participation in Australian Open - Dec 23, 2011
- Serena Williams wins fifth Wimbledon singles title - Jul 07, 2012
- Samantha Stosur awarded Newcombe medal - Dec 06, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,