Serena, Venus Williams coach training 4yr-old tennis geniusFebruary 10th, 2009 - 6:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 10 (ANI): A four-year-old tennis prodigy named Mia Lines is being trained by none other than the man who has coached the champion sisters Serena and Venus Williams.
Mia, who began playing the game at the mere age of one, is a God gifted player, according the world-renowned coach Rick Macci.
“I have seen hundreds of kids come through my school in the 25 years I have been doing this and I have never seen a four year old with such god-given talent,” the Telegraph quoted Rick as saying.
Rick is totally dazed by Mia’’s ability to read the court, and hit the ball from baseline to baseline, that too when she is just four years old.
“It is difficult to compare Mia to players I have coached like Venus and Serena Williams, Andy Roddick and Maria Sharapova. Mia’’s technique is incredible and what she is doing is bringing foot-work you can”t teach to the table,” the 54-year-old said.
“What I would say is ask me if she can go all the way in five years and I will be able to tell you then. In the meantime my opinion is that she can not be any better than she is at this age, he added.
Mia’’s father Glenn has always been encouraging, as he has always wanted her to be a great tennis player.
“Well I found out my child was going to be a girl I ran round telling everyone that she is going to be a tennis player. From the moment that she was born I insisted on working with her hand eye co-ordination and then at the age of one I gave her a tennis racket. I have always been a tennis fan so I knew of Rick Macci. As she progressed year on year I wondered whether I had a special child, so I got in contact with Rick, Glenn said.
“We eventually got her to his Florida camp last year and this year has just confirmed what we have all thought,” he added.
As far as Mia is considered, she is just happy to be in the tennis court, feeling like her favourite tennis player Maria Sharapova.
“My favourite part of my tennis exercises is the breathing, when I have to breath in before I hit the ball and exhale when I hit it, It makes me think that I am Sharapova,” Mia said. (ANI)
- Sharapova and Serena pull out of China Open - Sep 30, 2011
- I feared I was pregnant: Sharapova - Aug 28, 2012
- Win at French Open shows ny determination: Sharapova - Jun 10, 2012
- Serena Williams launches debut rap song - May 12, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Williams destroys Sharapova to win gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Williams stunned at success after Wimbledon - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Williams sets up final with Sharapova - Aug 04, 2012
- Russia's Sharapova named world's highest-paid female athlete - Aug 20, 2010
- Serena 'satisfied' with revenge for 2004 Wimbledon title loss against Sharapova - Jun 29, 2010
- Sharapova proud of her Russian origin - May 30, 2012
- Reports on Istanbul wedding false: Sharapova - Aug 05, 2012
- China's tennis team faces uphill task at London Olympics - Jul 09, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Williams sisters win doubles gold - Aug 05, 2012
- After French win, Sharapova eyes Wimbledon - Jun 24, 2012
- Venus Williams pulls out of China Open due to knee injury - Oct 02, 2010
Tags: andy roddick, andy roddick and maria sharapova, coach rick, coach training, florida camp, foot work, gifted player, london feb, maria sharapova, renowned coach, serena and venus, serena and venus williams, serena venus williams, tennis court, tennis fan, tennis player, tennis racket, venus and serena, venus and serena williams, venus williams