Self-deprecating humour best for seducing women!July 28th, 2008 - 11:57 am ICT by ANI
London, July 28 (ANI): When it comes to seducing a woman, nothing, as it turns out, works better than a man with a self-deprecating sense of humour.
Whats more is that this finding is based on a two-year scientific research which found that men who can poke fun at themselves are most the ones that are sexual magnets for women.
As a part of the study lead author Gil Greengross, of the University of New Mexico in the US and her colleagues asked female students to listen to tape recordings of men talking about themselves.
The women were then asked to score the men on sexual attractiveness.
Greengross revealed that when it comes to the type of humour that works best at getting a woman into bed, the self-deprecating kind comes in at the top of the pack.
“Many studies show that a sense of humour is sexually attractive to women but we”ve found that self-deprecating humour is the most attractive of all, Greengross said.
“People who used this humour were considered to be far more desirable as mates.”
He added a note of caution however, saying that it can also draw attention to a mans real faults, thus turning women off.
“It is a risky form of humour because it can draw attention to one’’s real faults, thereby diminishing the self-deprecator’’s status in the eyes of others,” he said.
“Think about the secondary school child whom nobody liked, who makes fun of his shortcomings.
“His peers mocked him and he was considered more pathetic than he was previously.
“This is high-risk seduction. It is not for everyone.” (ANI)
- 'Joker': A fun original village tale of aliens (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Sep 01, 2012
- People with sense of humour more attractive - Aug 06, 2012
- David Arquette to host game show - Dec 16, 2010
- Johansson gets walk of fame star - May 03, 2012
- I don't think I'm attractive: Mila Kunis - Jun 17, 2012
- Mila Kunis doesn't find herself attractive - Jun 14, 2012
- Ryan Reynolds named 'Sexiest Man Alive' - Nov 18, 2010
- How to make your way to a woman's heart and bed - make her laugh! - Feb 14, 2011
- Farrell turned on by kind women - Sep 04, 2012
- 'Cocktail': Tale of ennui told well, sparkling performances by cast (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Jul 14, 2012
- Pattinson good kisser, says Christina - Feb 17, 2012
- Men likelier to commit faster than women: Survey - Feb 04, 2011
- After shoes, it's perfume now for Jimmy Choo - Oct 03, 2011
- Evans picky about dating - May 01, 2012
- '7 Khoon Maaf', a winner by Vishal Bhardwaj (IANS Hindi Film Review, Rating: ****) - Feb 19, 2011
Tags: caution, colleagues, faults, female students, gil, london, magnets, mates, peers, secondary school, seducing a woman, seducing women, seduction, self deprecating, sense of humour, sexual attractiveness, shortcomings, top of the pack, university of new mexico