Sekar backs Daredevils to bounce back in styleMay 14th, 2012 - 10:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 14 (IANS) Delhi Daredevils mentor T.A. Sekar was confident that the table toppers can bounce back well after their humiliating loss to defending champions Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier league (IPL).
Daredevils, who suffered a nine-wicket loss to Super Kings in their last match, will be looking to extend their lead when they face Kings XI Punjab at the Ferozeshah Kotla here Tuesday.
On the eve of the match, Sekar said Daredevils will not repeat the mistakes they committed against Super Kings.
“We lost our top batsmen pretty quickly during the last match. There are times when a team loses three or four wickets in this format. It happens in T20 regularly. We should have played better cricket but we are not worried about our loss,” Sekar said.
Asked about his team’s dependance on skipper Virender Sehwag, Sekar replied: “He has scored five consecutive T20 half centuries and that is a record. But you can’t score everyday. In the last match, he was out to a beauty.”
Sekar also dropped hints that Ross Taylor might make a comeback in the playing eleven if he is fully fit.
“Ross has not been dropped. It’s just that he wasn’t fit for the last two games. If Ross is fit and available, he will certainly play. Just like we depend on Mahela to control the innings, we need a player like Ross who is a big hitter,” he said.
- Sekar hoping for better show against Super Kings - May 24, 2012
- Deccan Chargers hope to end losing streak against Daredevils - Apr 18, 2012
- Foreign players also benefit from IPL: Sekar - Mar 25, 2012
- Mahela to lead Daredevils in T20 Champions League - Sep 14, 2012
- Batsmen motivated to do well against Daredevils: Pollock - Apr 26, 2012
- Daredevils beat Kings XI to march into IPL play-offs (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Daredevils hope to extend their winning streak against Warriors - Apr 20, 2012
- Table toppers Daredevils and Knight Riders clash Monday (Preview) - May 06, 2012
- Jayawardene, Pietersen join Delhi Daredevils - Apr 08, 2012
- Pietersen rates maiden IPL century as best Twenty20 innings - Apr 19, 2012
- Out-of-form Ross Taylor sweats it out on off-day - May 04, 2012
- Cooper hopes to carry on his good form against Daredevils - Apr 28, 2012
- Daredevils blown away by Gayle storm, hopes alive for Royal Challengers (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Delhi Daredevils beat Super Kings by eight wickets - Apr 11, 2012
- Super Kings start favourites against Daredevils (Preview) - May 24, 2012