Sehwag’s record 219 earns him ‘VS’ series batFebruary 14th, 2012 - 1:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 14 (IANS) India’s dashing opener Virender Sehwag’s record-breaking 219 against the West Indies in a One-Day International in Indore last year has earned him a special series bat from Sanspareils Greenlands (SG).
The innings is the highest individual score in ODI and Sehwag en route to the landmark broke Sachin Tendulkar’s 200 not out against South Africa in Gwalior. Sehwag’s 149-ball innings was studded with 25 fours and seven sixes.
As a mark of respect for Sehwag’s knock, SG, the leading manufacturer of cricket equipments, launched a limited edition series “VS 219.”
Paras Anand, director SG, said the bat has been designed for big hitters.
“The limited edition bat is a tribute to Sehwag’s record innings of 219 runs. This bat has been designed for the big hitters like Sehwag. It is a meaty and powerful bat for all the young Sehwags in the making,” Anand said.
The light-weight bats are made from English willow and have edges, bold profile, remarkable balance and a huge sweet spot. The handle of the bat is made from Saravak cane and is covered with the new chevtec grip designed for good control.
- Sehwag's record double ton gives India huge win over West Indies (Roundup) - Dec 09, 2011
- Sehwag's record ODI score powers India to its highest total - Dec 08, 2011
- Sehwag elated at going past Tendulkar (Lead) - Dec 09, 2011
- Cricket bat maker Sanspareils launches apparel range - Oct 28, 2009
- Have fulfilled expectations with 200: Sehwag - Dec 08, 2011
- Mumbai elated as Sehwag scores double century - Dec 08, 2011
- SG launches cricket shoes - Mar 05, 2012
- Momentous moments of Indian sports in 2011 (Yearender) - Dec 24, 2011
- It was only a matter of time for Sehwag (Comment) - Dec 08, 2011
- Top-10 individual scores in ODIs - Dec 08, 2011
- KKR, Daredevils look for a new beginning (Preview) - Apr 04, 2012
- India vs New Zealand; First Test; Lunch scoreboard - Aug 23, 2012
- Dilshan and Jayawardene give Lankans easy win - Mar 06, 2012
- Dravid crosses 13,000-run mark, Tendulkar closer to 100th ton - Nov 24, 2011
- Scoreboard of India's innings against South Africa - Feb 24, 2010
Tags: bats, cricket equipments, english willow, feb 14, greenlands, gwalior, India, landmark, limited edition, New Delhi, odi, remarkable balance, score, sehwag, sixes, south africa, sweet spot, tribute, west indies